Rest Periods??

Options
I have been doing regular cardio exersice i.e. gym 3-4 times a week, swimming 3-4 times a week and playing badminton. I decided to try out some classes to give myslef a change and went to my first circuit class on Tuesday. This obv involved some weights and my muscles are suffering from it.

Woke up yesterday and my legs and arms were so sore. I gave myself a rest day yesterday to recover but still feeling the effects today.

Is it wise to ignore the pain and continue with my usual work out tonight (or what I can achieve of it) or take more time off to let me body recover. Tonight I would usually:-

Gym 1.5 hours (HIIT treadmil 1hr & xtrainer 0.5hrs)
Badminton (Doubles for 1hr)

I really hate missing any workout and would start to feel guilty if I don't do anything. I have already cut out my 40 min swim at lunch.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Replies

• effjay
    Options
    Anyone??
  • tinattinat
    tinattinat Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Go do a workout of some sort. You should probably take a rest day once a week, but you can still work out when you are sore. It will probably help.
  • effjay
    Options
    Thanks for that.

I was planning to but didnt want to prolong any pain,
  • kgarman
    kgarman Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Pay very close attention to your body. Very close. I didn't and now I'm dealing with a stress fracture in my leg. Climbing stairs sucks, walking sucks, running? Hell no.

Point is a little stiffness and soreness is common when starting new workouts and routines. But pain is not. If it really hurts then take a day or two off, eat tons of protien, and drink a lot of water.