Food Settings??

Options
Is there anyway to manually change the amount of carbs, protein, fat, and fiber your goal is? Or is MFP's reccomendations the only way??

Replies

• liha0808
    liha0808 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yes! Go to goals to edit, it will ask you to choose from 2 choices, pick the bottom one "Custom" to adjust your settings.

I just did mine and still not sure of the settings. What are people using? I try to eat clean so I do eat complex carbs, but no simple carbs.
    5 servings of fruits/veggies day. Fruits make my sugars go over every day. What to do!?
  • dis5150
    dis5150 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yes! Go to goals to edit, it will ask you to choose from 2 choices, pick the bottom one "Custom" to adjust your settings.

I just did mine and still not sure of the settings. What are people using? I try to eat clean so I do eat complex carbs, but no simple carbs.
    5 servings of fruits/veggies day. Fruits make my sugars go over every day. What to do!?

I did this, too, but some of the settings are so annoying! I wish we could manually input % amounts, instead of choosing from a drop down menu. For example, carbohydrates - you can't set any percentage that would set it at 20 carbs. Only 5% (16 carbs) or 10% (33 carbs). I know I can do the math myself, and I do, but I still wish they would let us put in our own choice!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Go to My Home>>Goals>>Change Goals>>Custom. Save your changes.

While you're there, I recommend increasing your fiber to at least 25g and lower your sodium to 1800-2200 (the lower, the better).
  • aab2011
    Options
    Thanks!