What you thought you'd never do (weight loss related)

Options

Replies

• lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    Never thought i would run. Now i am starting to look forward to my run days.
  • clewis628
    clewis628 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I never thought that I would stick with it as long as I have this time around. I also never thought I would see the changes last. I now reach for fruit first when I'm craving something sweet. I have almost eliminated diet coke from my diet which is a HUGE thing for me!

I am now working on developing those fitness habits so in a month, i hope that there are more "I never thought I'd..." to add to this list!
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    Im the same about exercising.. In PE, I would fake sick to get out of any kind of exercise.. Now if Im really sick, I get sad that I can't do my Zumba or Kickboxing.

THIS!!! I was never athletic in my younger days. Except a little basket ball and dance team in middle school (when you're too young to matter if you're ddoing it right) I didn't want to get away from my Nintendo or TV. Now, I hate missing a day of exercise and HATE taking a rest day! LOL
  • alyssaanagram
    Options
    NEVER thought I'd enjoy going to the gym - but now I crave that feeling of getting off the treadmill or elliptical dripping sweat. Its such a great feeling.
    My dad used to run marathons and used to want me to run 5ks with him and I fought every step of the way. Now I'm training for my own half marathon & feel empty when I don't go for my run!
  • GrahamBarwick
    Options
    I am a proffesional commercial model, something i never would of done 2 and halfyears ago..... i don't recognise myself LOL
  • xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    What I never thought I would do is ACTUALLY stick with it. Ive tried so many times but I always gave up im going on almost 1.5 months and going strong a few slip ups but I love seeing the inches melt away and the lbs drop. I feel like its xmas morning everytime I weigh myself...
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    I am a proffesional commercial model, something i never would of done 2 and halfyears ago..... i don't recognise myself LOL

WOW! This is amazing! and you're HOT
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Totally stupid, but I have short hair!!
    I never thought I would since my face is so round!
  • tinattinat
    tinattinat Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I never thought I would run and I was too embarrassed to try. But through various circumstances last September, I started to. Did Couch25K. I still would tell people I wouldn't do races. "not me"........FIrst 5k in November, 2nd in December, 10k in February, 3rd 5k last weekend (shaved 2 minutes off the first one). And now I am HOOKED! On running and racing! Signing up for a half marathon in April. And I JUST told someone I had no desire to do races longer than a 10k!!!!!! LOL!!!!! Never say never.........
  • kirstyg1980
    Options
    1. Take part in a spin class, I laughed when the girls in the office suggested I try it. My thought was "ME on a bike doing pushups and squats hahahahahahahaha" - I can do the class up to 3 times a week now

2. Enjoy exercise

3. wear lycra leggings to the gym
  • twisted88
    twisted88 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Also, i'm planning to run 5k races - at school I used to REFUSE to do P.E and never take part in after school clubs that were sport related or anything. Now i'm a fitness freak!

Mostly this. I don't plan on running any races (at least at the moment), but I never thought that I would enjoy running. (Yesterday was a NSV in regards to actually running more than one little sprint, I sprinted, in intervals 1/4 - 1/3 of my "walk" yesterday. And I was grinning about it for hours afterwards.) I didn't even like running when I was at my lowest of 207 (and I'm down 7 pounds from 233 now).
  • JimandLin
    JimandLin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thank you luvnthenewme!!! I just tried the spinach in the protein shake, and it was great!
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I never thought I would enjoy exercise - especially not the kind that makes me all sweaty and gross.

It is now just about my favorite thing in the world.

This! Addicted to working out. Get bummed when I'm sick and can't!
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I never thought I would exercise regularly and love it (thereby missing it when I don't).
    I never thought I would willingly eat fish (any kind)
    I never thought I would spend hours trolling the internet for recipes using protein powder and/or that are low calorie.
    I never thought I'd be a small anything in any clothing store (I just bought several items in small from Old Navy)
    I never thought I would get more than passing glances from guys as they peruse the bar to pick up chicks. (In one night I walked away with 4 phone numbers! This required doing that stupid happy dance Katherine Heigl does in "The Ugly Truth" :laugh: )
  • xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I never thought I would exercise regularly and love it (thereby missing it when I don't).
    I never thought I would willingly eat fish (any kind)
    I never thought I would spend hours trolling the internet for recipes using protein powder and/or that are low calorie.
    I never thought I'd be a small anything in any clothing store (I just bought several items in small from Old Navy)
    I never thought I would get more than passing glances from guys as they peruse the bar to pick up chicks. (In one night I walked away with 4 phone numbers! This required doing that stupid happy dance Katherine Heigl does in "The Ugly Truth" :laugh: )
    cant wait to do that dance =D
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I never thought I would get up in front of a room of people and do yoga but I did! And now I'm training to be a yoga teacher! :noway:
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Never thought I'd get serious about lifting weighs or consume protein powder

13438744.png
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Never thought I would jog - hated it all my life...Now i run 10km races and push myself for better times, and just started training for a half marathon....:noway: :huh:
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    I could have never in my wildest imagination thought I would go from, lying around all day everyday, to lifting or running/walking 4-5 miles every day for the past 9 months. The amazing thing to me about this was not the strenuous exercises, it was doing it every day, I look back on it and it always makes me ask myself did I really do that?
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I never thought I'd love the gym, lift weights or do a half-marathon (walking -- I still don't think I'll ever run, LOL!!)
    And even once I started doing all those things I'm still finding new ones. Last night I was snatching a 45lb dumbell -- even yesterday morning I would have said I'd never do that ;-)