YES, i need my hand held..

Options
Hey everyone!

I am brand new to this site. Im here because I am so unmotivated its not even funny. Well, Im getting married in December.. and after looking at all these amazing success stories I decided to give this site a try!

Im 24, 203 lbs.
I would LOVE to be even 160lbs by December of this year..

I have a bad lower back, so im limited by what I can do for a work out.
Im actually purchasing an Elliptical and resistance trainer in the next week or so (since i HATE the gym).

I WOULD LOVEEE SOME FRIENDS ON HERE TO HELP ME REACH MY GOAL!! This is the most important day of my life... and the only way ill be able to TRULY enjoy it is if im happy in my own skin.

Replies

• MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Im just like you.. I need that motivation... feel free to add me.. Im here everyday .. we can do this!
  • Mayreni
    Mayreni Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the first step. I've been on this site for almost a year, and it is now that I am getting back on track with my weight loss. I am also in need of inspirational friends (and a little hand holding). So come on girl, you can do this!
  • jennyc708
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Congrat on the wedding in Dec. I'm sure with this site you will get to your goal and be very happy on your wedding day! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    We all need that from time to time :)
  • nshannon14
    nshannon14 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the wedding and welcome! Feel free to add me as well.
  • iluvmuddyjeeps
    Options
    we can hold each other's hands! congrats on the wedding and welcome! i'm new to this also, so good luck to both of us.
  • monkeypantz
    monkeypantz Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Hey just sent you a friend request....I have an elliptical at home too as I hated the Gym, 3 months in I'm wanting Gym membership but for the fancy pants one down the road that cost the same as my elliptical monthly.....so I'll still to my elliptical for now !

Welcome to MFP
  • Destinie589
    Options
    40 pounds is very doable by December. I bet you will notice weight dropping off just by changing what you eat and keeping your calories down. Before I started doing the MFP suggested cal limit I wrote down what I ate each day for an entire week. I didnt do anything different I just wrote it down. Then when I was done I figured up what my calories were and there were some days when I was hitting 2500+ calories. When I started cutting back I instantly noticed the difference. I also added in cardio. I lost 45 pounds in just a few months. Good luck!! You can SO do this :smile:
  • eeyore92
    Options
    Good luck :-)

I've lost 26 pounds in 6 weeks by just changing my diet.
  • trishdhumphrey
    trishdhumphrey Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you wish. I'm new at this as well and would like anyone else to add me as well. Need all the support I can get. So far I love this site. Reading and looking at everyones success stories is just so awesome and motivating. This weekend I'm going to try to download pictures on here.
  • newday332
    newday332 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It is great that you lost 45 lbs in a short while. How exactly did you do this?
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome to MFP. I just joined this month. I too have a back back, scoliosis, arthritis, etc. I started out last year to exercise and lose weight. I started out little, walk around the block, then the next week walk around 2 blocks. I too have an elliptical and they are awesome. Mine has a seat so can be used as a stationary bike too. At first I could barely do 5 min then I was up to 40. I am now walking a mile at least each day and it feels great. YOU can do this. I wish you luck and congrats on the up coming wedding!
  • steffihoney
    Options
    Welcome!!! This is an awesome site and you can lose all that you want!! I sent you a friend request.
    I had back surgery 6 weeks ago and I too am limited, but I make it work.
  • shvrngrl
    shvrngrl Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome! I had a bad back as well. I had two back surgeries within 3 years. In 2005, I weighed 250lbs. I lost 98lbs and gained back about 40lbs over the last few years. This site is wonderful and helps keep you motivated and accountable. Feel free to add me.

And congratulation!