How late should you eat?

Options
13»

Replies

• CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I suggest not eating right before bed for comfort no digesting in my sleep reasons...not weight related
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    It's a bad idea to eat after you've fallen asleep. It could be dangerous. Otherwise, I'm just going to repeat what everyone else said and it doesn't matter what time you eat. Majority rules!
  • thekateb
    Options
    It's nice to see so many other people are night eaters too!!! I don't even start eating until about 1:00 in the afternoon and I too eat quite a few things in the evening. I just make sure that I keep healthy foods in my house so that the foods I am eating at night are good for me and fit into my macros
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    If I am hungry before I goto bed, I eat!!! I dont let my self be hungy
  • JessicaHoskins
    Options
    Depending on how many calories I have for the day:
    If only a little: Fruit
    A lot: Candy Bars!:smile:
  • JessicaHoskins
    Options
    My latest for snacking would be 11:59 p.m; because 12:00a.m. is the beginning of a new day!:smile:
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I recommend not eating after you fall asleep. It could get messy.

Sleep Walker? lol

I really do this. alot. i make glasses of chocolate milk and eat random packaged snacks. its not fair to have alot of willpower in the daytime then go to sleep and blow it! So now i keep almond milk and sugar free nesquick in the house so its not as detrimental and i am still sleep satisfied
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I must still be hungry because I just read 'macros' as 'tacos'. :D

I know how awesome and important it is to eat a good breakfast blah blah blah. But I am not very hungry in the morning, and it doesn't take much food to satisfy my appetite at that time of day. I usually eat my first real amount of calories around 1pm (I am up at 7am). Obviously the rest of my day is is more densly packed with calories, I eat again at around 5, and again around 8 or 9pm, and I'm usually in bed around 11.

On the occasions that I eat more in the mornings, I find myself short of calories at the end of the day, and have to decide if I am going to go over my count, or try to go to bed with my stomach literally growling. At that point veggies and water don't cut it, in 30 minutes my stomach is growling again.
  • danilandry
    danilandry Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I always snack on baby carrots while watching late night tv. It lets me pig out without going over my daily calories :D
  • danilandry
    danilandry Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    To those who say you wont burn it off while you sleep, I heard you burn more calories sleeping than you do sitting on the couch. Is this true?
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I was just wondering if anyone is a true believer in not eating past a certain time of day, and if so, after what time do you not eat? Also, what are some good after supper before bed snack ideas? I need some help here to not eat snacky foods :) Your input is greatly appreciated! Thank you :)

Also, feel free to add me if you would like :) The more friends I have the more motivated I seem to get!

As per the above posts who have said time of eating doesn't matter, they are right, it doesn't. Your body burns energy while you're sleeping, it doesn't shut off.
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Also, there are some really fun ways to burn calories in bed . . . . just sayin.
  • aclear1992
    aclear1992 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    3 hours before you put your body to rest.
    It's not nice to lie......should've at least said FTW

first let me say if you think some ones wrong there's different ways to approach them.. second Id like to ask do you have your degree in health education?, and third every "body" is different they say 8 because most people put there body's to rest at 10 its not the time you stop its what your body is doing that matters .. your very ignorant by the way ;)
  • aclear1992
    aclear1992 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I eat snickers and cheesecake minutes before I go to sleep, usually around midnight

lmao!!! you sure have a healthy diet!
  • sportyskylar
    Options
    Just listen to your own body. Everyone's body is unique and reacts differently :)