Let down...

Options
So my office is doing a biggest loser contest and I won every week since we started (3 weeks) and have lost a total of 9 lbs. Still have 50 lbs to go. Well I've stuck to my diet and have eaten only 1200 calories a day and stopped drinking coffee and soda but I got weighed this morning and didn't loose a single lb! I can't work otu because I have an ankle injury and am currently going to physical thereapy in preperation for surgery. :grumble: I'm so frustrated! I was hoping I at least lost 2 lbs! I think I might have hit a flat spot. What do you think? I need some encouragement here! My office ordered Chinese and I turned it down, I was given a candy bar and gave it away, my boss brought in donoughts and cake and I said no thanks but still didn't loose any weight! If I have plateaued how to I get myself to keep losing weight? In 3 months I move to Salt Lake City to be reunited with my fiance and I want to look good for him, plus my wedding is this year and I want to look good in a wedding dress and swim suit.:sad:

Replies

• pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You've lost 9 lbs in 3 weeks?! THAT IS GREAT! I am sure you inability to work out right now has stifled your weight loss a bit but you are still eating healthy and keeping to lower calories so I am sure that weight is still coming off, just not as fast. Don't get discouraged, keep up the FANTASTIC work. Everyone is offering you all of that unhealthy crap because they are a bit jealous of your progress. Keep imagining that wedding dress and how gorgeous you will look in it and KEEP GOING.
  • beancounter
    beancounter Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've hit mini plateaus too...but if you stick with your plan it all works out. Can you walk on your ankle? Even if you can't do strenuous woorkouts..if you keep at least walking that will help.

Good luck.
  • bla115
    bla115 Posts: 206
    Options
    How about doing some exercising in a pool where there wouldn't be so much weight on your ankle? I'm sure your physical therapist could suggest some exercises that wouldn't compromise your ankle.
    Even if you just continue upper body and ab workouts that's better than nothing.
    Way to go on resisting the food temptations at work!! :drinker: I know that can be hard. Good luck!
  • nursegirl79
    nursegirl79 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    If you can't put any weight on your ankle you could still to pushups on your knees and ab work. You could also just do leg lifts in a chair. While doing the leg lifts move your arm from side to side or up and down and you can burn some calories. Anything that can help get your heart rate up without putting weight on you ankle will help. Plus the elevated heart rate will help circulate you blood. Something you ankle needs to heal well.

Hope this helps!! :smile:
  • leighoconnell
    Options
    How about doing some exercising in a pool where there wouldn't be so much weight on your ankle? I'm sure your physical therapist could suggest some exercises that wouldn't compromise your ankle.
    Even if you just continue upper body and ab workouts that's better than nothing.
    Way to go on resisting the food temptations at work!! :drinker: I know that can be hard. Good luck!

True and I think the exercises I do to strengthen my leg will help as well. I wish I could swim but the problem its I cant flex the foot, I tore the ligaments. Plus at the current moment I am a little too shy to wear a swim suit. :blushing: Word of advice....never play competitive tennis you WILL eventually blow something out. :wink: