So what are you doing with your bras now that they don't fit

Options
mmuzzatti
mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
I got this on my FB page and really thought it was a joke then I went to it and saw what a great idea. This non-profit in Denver is sending bras to Africa for low income families to sell. The story was on CNN and what better place to find bras that don't fit than on MFP where all you girls have large bras that you don't need anymore.

Check it out it was a pretty good story.

http://thecnnfreedomproject.blogs.cnn.com/2012/02/22/bras-liberate-women-from-sex-slavery/?hpt=hp_bn2

This is not pervy just passing it along.

Marcello

Replies

• mrstweedle1
    mrstweedle1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great way to donate bras once they don't fit anymore! I always just give mine to Goodwill.
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Bump to keep it on top of the list
  • arr0528
    arr0528 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    bump.... Great idea!!! I was wondering the same thing myself!!!
  • joyfulnoise100
    joyfulnoise100 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Love it - what a great idea!!
  • jengessler
    Options
    Love this concept! If you don't have a bra to donate (because you are one of the lucky few whose pounds come off of places other than your breasts), see if you can donate some $ to help out with the expense of sending the bras over there.
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I VOTE SLING SHOTS! ;)
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I VOTE SLING SHOTS! ;)

Oh wait - I didn't realize this was a serious post - just went by the title... I take back what I said - silly do - gooders :p
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I couldn't afford to buy new bras for most of my weight loss journey, so I just would sew them up to make them tighter (since the cup size really didn't change much) - when I could finally replace them, they were so mangled that no one would have wanted them; however, this really is a fabulous idea.
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Once I get to a place where this is applicable I will definitely have to send em over!
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    One of the owners of the store where I get mine is a custom bra maker so I have been taking mine to her to get them adjusted as I lose weight. When that doesn't work they take them to donate to women's shelters and if they are too dead for that, they will harvest parts :laugh: They run a draw each month so for each one you donate, you get an entry to win a gift cert to the store.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Store my bowling balls.
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I VOTE SLING SHOTS! ;)

Oh wait - I didn't realize this was a serious post - just went by the title... I take back what I said - silly do - gooders :p

Ear warmers
  • gagesmom314
    gagesmom314 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Donate them to the local homeless shelter to be used as tents for the homeless.

On a more serious note. That looks like a great program!
  • MaddoxsMommy
    MaddoxsMommy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Two bumps!
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Great idea. Bumpy bumpy!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    This is a good idea............however I stopped wearing bras and when I got rid of them, I gave them to the goodwill store.
  • dlperry65
    Options
    This is a good idea............however I stopped wearing bras and when I got rid of them, I gave them to the goodwill store.
    I want to do that, too. Lol. Bras are torture devices most of the time.
    Thanks for the info.
  • Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    And, if you wanted to stay a little closer to home - there are local groups everywhere that take "gently used" bras and donate them to women's shelters for those ladies who manage to get out of situations with just the clothes on their backs. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!