Calorie Budget

Options
How do you budget your calories for the day? ( For example: if you are eating 1200, do you have (3) 400 calorie meals?)

Replies

• alliover
    alliover Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My goal is to eat between 1200 to 1400 calories a day, broken down into 6 meals. If I exercise then I try and eat back my calories as well, although that's a HUGE challenge!!!...lol Also drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day too. I find this site really helps me keep on target with my calories :)
  • RayRay1500
    RayRay1500 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I do not break mine into meals at all. I just eat however and whatever calories are left by dinner I do not go over. I do not eat a big dinner anyway, so it is easier for me.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I don't set them out properly. I plan my meals in the morning and it doesn't matter to me how many calories I eat when - just that I get as close to my goal as possible without going over if I can help it. If I've put in my three meals and still have calories spare, I add the snacks in.
  • sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I tried spacing them out in such a manner, evenly, but the restriction did my head in.
    Also, i'm not equally hungry throughout the day.
    Based on my hungry signals I'd do 25% before 2pm if I need them (about half the time I do), 65% between 2pm and 7pm and the remaining 10% after 7pm if I needed them (which would be rare)
    In reality, my goal is high enough that I don't need to worry about keeping control of them in such a strategic manner, but that is typically what naturally happens anyway. No matter what my daily total ends up as, it tends to follow those proportions.
  • Bwalton79
    Bwalton79 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    you can budget how you like, but you want to try and spread out between meals and snacks. if you want you can friend me and look at my food diary.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    200 breakfast
    300 lunch
    1000 dinner

Dinner varies a lot. If I have a smaller dinner, I will usually have dessert or a snack later.

Works for me because I don't get very hungry during the day.