Has the January newbe’s dropped out at your gym yet?

Options
beduffbrickie
beduffbrickie Posts: 646 Member
January at the gym I use was packed, all new faces, now that were near the end of FEB, I have noticed that a lot of them faces are gone, the gym has been quiet, much more peaceful of late.
Wonder what makes people give up………..

Replies

• Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    smiley-sport015.gif It's too hard to eat right and workout.....they'll give it another go next year when they have more time smiley-sport017.gif
  • beduffbrickie
    Options
    love it!:laugh:
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I had the greatest urge to quit yesterday :(
    But yes, New Year's Resolutions never really work out in the end.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Lol! That's why I started this website in April! If I had in January it would of been utter failure. I plan on really getting into the gym sometime this week or next when my schedule allows! I don't do new years resolutions... but I'm going to make it a Lent thing which I think is a bit more serious. :wink:
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I was a Jan gym newb and I hauled my butt out of bed at 5:30am this morning to go. Sorry long time gym-goers, we're not all leaving so soon... :drinker:
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    NO!

There were no crossramps, no ellipticals, and no treadmills free at 8:45 pm last night! UGH! I ended up rowing for 15 minutes until I could grab a cross ramp.

I will say that Mr. Hunky Gym Employee ( Official Title ) said that the " January Rush " started in FEBRUARY this year, and as such, he expects it to continue through until March.
  • gemini2267
    gemini2267 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    That's why i didnt want to start my diet in January because u tend to get relax and quit. I started October 24th to test myself during the holiday. I passed with flying colors, losing 28 pounds in total and now Im fully committed and slightly addicted to working out. I just paid for the 4mth @$100.00 deal they were offering. To get back on track, I have notice the newbies dropping out, i dont have to wait on my machines anymore.:happy:
  • mrlazy1967
    mrlazy1967 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I never even joined in the first place
  • Bazzy72
    Options
    Still going strong! Went four days a week in January now going five days a week since February 1st!!!
  • Bazzy72
    Options
    This is funny because yesterday I mentioned to the manager at PF that its nice to be able to go to the gym at 4:00pm again now that all the newbies dropped out!!!!

January at the gym I use was packed, all new faces, now that were near the end of FEB, I have noticed that a lot of them faces are gone, the gym has been quiet, much more peaceful of late.
    Wonder what makes people give up………..
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I work out at Planet Fitness...............its calmed down a bit BUTTTTTTTT 1st Monday of the month is coming up and oyu know what the means!!!!!!! Free Pizza!
    I have a hunch they might be coming back for that................HA!:devil:
  • beduffbrickie
    Options
    I was a Jan gym newb and I hauled my butt out of bed at 5:30am this morning to go. Sorry long time gym-goers, we're not all leaving so soon... :drinker:

good on you, I wish you every sucess! its always nice to see people stick at it and see there bodies change.
  • mrlazy1967
    mrlazy1967 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I work out at Pizza Hut
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Nope...I'm still there!!!
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I work out at Planet Fitness...............its calmed down a bit BUTTTTTTTT 1st Monday of the month is coming up and oyu know what the means!!!!!!! Free Pizza!

OH OH
  • SewerUrchin
    Options
    It's pretty dead at my gym, although you do still see the odd January dieter bimbling along on the treadmill. Hell, I'm one of those January starters, and I'm still going strong.
  • dubw
    dubw Posts: 429
    Options
    Yeah, we see a definite tapering off ... but a good percentage of the new folks are getting started in classes and programs. I had two new people in each of two classes. One is still there in both. I think the boot camp classes are about the same, but the yoga classes keep growing.
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    not yet... it seems my gym is picking up in the morning...
  • ejoy319
    ejoy319 Posts: 104
    Options
    I don't go to the gym, but the beach was empty this morning which is fine by me :smile: and the workout videos were on clearance yesterday :bigsmile:
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options

Haha - the PF I go to is very busy anyway. I saw no diff from before Jan 1 till now - same busy gym. I've yet to be there for pizza Monday... maybe tonight, but by the time we get there I'm sure there won't be any... staff says by like 530 you are SOL, so I'll probably never ever see it.