Any bodybugg users out there?

Options
I just recieved my body bugg this morning. Any tips or advice from fellow users? I wore it for about 3 hours and was suprised how many cals I burned in that short time. I then put it back on, did a 20min workout and was busy the rest of the afternoon. I plugged it in and didn't meet my goal :( I swore I had!! Guess it's good to see how much more I need to work!!

Replies

• Nicki1984
    Nicki1984 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    hey steph seen your post about the body bugg. I have been trying to decide on which one to get. Are you liking it so far? is this the one they use on biggest loser? if you dont mind me asking where did you find yours at?
  • stephanielynne
    Options
    Hey Nicki! Yes I really like it so far! This is only my second day with it on but it's nice to see how many cals I'm burning throughout the day. I ordered mine through the official website. I had a promo code though so I got $20.00 off and free shipping. Let me know if your interested and I'll try finding the code again. oh and yes it's the biggest loser one.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I burn a sad, pathetic amount of calories. Just means I need to work harder. Sometimes I swear my BB will give me a HUGE burn, but it ends up being 200-300.
  • jseeke
    jseeke Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    How is the Body Bugg different from a Heart Rate Monitor?
    I have been using a heart rate monitor when I work out for years and I love it. I am just not sure of the difference between the heart rate monitor and the body bugg.

Thanks,
    Janel
  • maxmariesfo
    maxmariesfo Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I've been interested for awhile. It's a lot of money and I'm just a poor little secretary. But some of the things in my average day are quite strenuous. I wonder how many calories I burn.

For instance, I don't drive. I have a scooter. Not a small aluminum frame scooter. A steel frame Vespa. Works my leg muscles at every stop sign just keeping it upright. Gotta count for something, right?

Anyway. Keep us posted on how you like it.
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    How is the Body Bugg different from a Heart Rate Monitor?
    I have been using a heart rate monitor when I work out for years and I love it. I am just not sure of the difference between the heart rate monitor and the body bugg.

Thanks,
    Janel

I believe HRMs are only really useful for measuring calories burned during cardio workouts. the bodybugg should measure calories burned throughout the day (including workouts) based on a number of factors other than just heart rate.
  • catjrow3
    catjrow3 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I wear the body media gowearfit one. I have had it about 4 years or so now (well, just replaced it about 4 months ago with another one) but they are great! It really does surprise you to see what you burn realistically, especially compared to the machines at the gym. Body media is the same company that does the body bugg as well, and I just got an email for a special 89.99 for a new one with 3 months free subscription. This is 50% off what I paid!! LImited time left on the deal.... says savings will show up at checkout... It ends february 29th. Here is the link
    http://www.bodymedia.com/Shop/Armband-Advantage/Armband-Activity-Manager

I wear mine at night too to see my sleep habits and its amazing how much you see differences in weight loss when you sleep good vs bad!!
  • FromMama2MILF
    FromMama2MILF Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I had a BB for awhile, and now just use a HRM during my workouts. The BB seemed to be a little more costly, plus you have to pay an access fee on a regular basis for access to the site in order to upload your calories burned. The HRM does the same for my purposes by telling me the calories I burn during a specific workout without having to pay a monthly fee or log into a website.
  • skbruewer
    skbruewer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I love my BodyBugg. Usually once or twice a month, I'll wear it overnight to see how many calories I burn while sleeping. It's been a lifesaver for me, as I was always WAYYYYYY overestimating my calorie burn!
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    did you get the one with the display? Or that syncs to your phone? I have a bodymediafit...same company as bodybugg...just different brand name... I have an older model though.. LOVE it..wear it daily... I find starting the display at the beggining of my workout session and then checking it at the end really helps me to keep better track..and also inspires me during the workout to push further :)
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for 3.5 years (it's the old grey style) and love it. I stopped wearing it for about a year but I gained back a bit of weight (12 lbs) so now I'm using it again to help me get back to where I was. It's such a great tool. Yesterday I worked from home and only burned 1,851 calories (cuz I sit so much of the day and didn't work out). The day before, working from the office with a workout, I burned 2,585 calories. That's the difference in my burn on typical days, and it reminded me why it's so important to get up and move during the day!! How would I ever be able to learn those kinds of things without this tool. Plus, it's motivating for me to try to reach my goals every day. I can't say enough about how much I love my bodybugg - it's totally worth the 10 bucks a month to keep my subscription going...
  • Lightjulesloves2run
    Options
    I just ordered mine today! I ordered the Bodybugg v3 and the display...that way I can see my burn during the day and not be shocked at the end of the day. I can't wait to start using it...I will use it to keep check on my weight during the next 10 weeks of pregnancy and then baby will be here in May when I can start burning the fat off! I would love advice and opinions!
  • stephanielynne
    Options
    So far I'm loving it! At first I was kind of turned off by the fact that I'd have to pay a monthly fee if I wanted to use it but it comes with atleast 6 months free and then it's only 9.95 a month or even cheaper if you pay for 6 months or a year at a time. I figured I'd use my 6 months and see how it works for me. If it works then it's def more than worth the $10 a month :) Thank you all for your opinions! I was over my burn goal yesterday!!