Girl Scout Cookies

Options
Before I started this life changing event of diet and exercise, I made an order of too many Girl Scout Cookies. I absolutely love these things and tend to go overboard with them. Has anyone had success with moderation of them or should I get rid of them right away. Or just eat them all at once and get it over with.. HAHA

Replies

• Lmullaney79
    Lmullaney79 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    well, i took the "eat them all and at least they are gone" method. there was really no stopping me once they were open...
  • mstaser
    mstaser Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    LOL, that's usually what happens to me.
  • jennifer0626
    jennifer0626 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I ordered mine at Christmas, forgot about them and gave up sweets for Lent. I am going to bring them into work. That'll get rid of them quickly! :)
  • kealey1318
    kealey1318 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    OMG, Thin Mints are my weakness... Now, whenever I order Girl Scout Cookies, I check the box where the boxes I buy are donated to charity. Whew... Once I start, just can't stop!!!
  • lisaidem
    lisaidem Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah me too. I ate all of my favorites (S'moa's or whatever they are called), and then have all these other boxes. In to work they will go!
  • swimmphish
    swimmphish Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Mine were JUST delivered!! Sitting in a box on my counter, calling my name. Crack cookies.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    I personally can't eat the serving size listed. But I am fortunate to have two teenage boys and a husband. So as soon as a box is opened, I take out the serving size, eat it very slowly while they inhale the remainder of the box. I made my husband hide the boxes so I don't know where they are because cookies are my crack and I have NO willpower. If you live alone and don't have willpower, you might need to be the nice guy at work!
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    My kids ate them all before I even had a chance. Problem solved!
  • lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    4 thin mints - 160 cals
    6 trefoils- 160 cals
    2 dosidos- 140 cals

MODERATION.
    They hit the spot for me and are not as high in cals (thin mints at least) as other cookies.
  • rsuhayda
    Options
    I buy them, eat 3 or so and give the rest back to the girls... or leave the open box at work somewhere away from me.. I can't even have them in the freezer..they call me.. Next time you buy them.. just give them to the girls to eat.. :sad:
  • lissamok
    Options
    I bring them to work to share and have only a couple. It gives everyone a treat and you won't feel like you need to eat them all yourself.
  • Miss_Trueheart
    Options
    I never can just eat on I always end up eating the whole box..
  • melbaby925
    Options
    I order them every year from one of my best friends' kid. This year - I ordered my $20 worth and had them directly donated to the firefighters/police in the area. They never crossed my door.

It physically hurt to do that.

Now I just can't leave the house for the next month, since they're going to be selling them in front of every store!
  • emt5150
    Options
    I have 1500 boxes of Girl Scout Cookies sitting in my living room right now, well I did at the beginning of cookies sales! I have 2 girls selling them as well as the troop leader so I have to store them for the booth sales. I have a serious weakness for them as well but I am very proud of myself in nearly 3 weeks I have only opened 3 boxes and my kids ate most of them! So I say you can do it. Don't resist the urge until you can no longer stand it because then you are more likely to over indulge. Have a couple every once in a while and if you need to give up something else out of your diet until they are gone. Good luck and I hope this helped! Have a blessed day! Also a lot of Girl Scout troops are collecting cookies to donate to deploy military troops, I know ours is!
  • j_emerson
    Options
    Before I started this life changing event of diet and exercise, I made an order of too many Girl Scout Cookies. I absolutely love these things and tend to go overboard with them. Has anyone had success with moderation of them or should I get rid of them right away. Or just eat them all at once and get it over with.. HAHA

I did the exact same thing!! I gave two boxes to my stepfather and he took to work. I'm taking the other boxes (-1 box of Thin Mints) to a family party this weekend. I've split the box of Thin Mints with my mother and have them in the freezer when I need that quick chocolate fix. Good luck!
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I ordered some too. I'm going to open 1 and freeze the rest. I'm also thinking of giving some to the leasing agents in the building. They are always hungry- LOL.
  • jillyt85
    jillyt85 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Send them to me! I'll work them into my calories for the day.
  • alise_lmx
    alise_lmx Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    lol i ordered 4 boxes from a coworker's daughter and I've been worried about when they arrive too!! I'm thinking I will put 3 boxes in the freezer, for some reason I forget about cookies when I put them in there. That still doesn't help me with the one box that will be out though! :)
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I would either not open them and give them away immediately or open them immediately and eat 'em up. Also, you could take them to work and put them in the break room... gone in sixty seconds! :bigsmile:
  • kcphilly
    Options
    You can put most of them in the freezer and "try" to forget about them. I did that last year when my aunt sent my cookies right when I was trying to be super strict. Then they're not all sitting in front of you at once. Made the mistake of getting a box this year and they were gone in one day.