Girl Scout Cookies

Options

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I saved up a bunch of calories throughout the week so I could eat a whole box over the weekend. And I put a box of Thin Mints in the freezer to eat in moderation. Sometimes you just have to splurge! I still went over my goal a bit, but it was worth it.
  • sarahwebb81
    Options
    I personally can't eat the serving size listed. But I am fortunate to have two teenage boys and a husband. So as soon as a box is opened, I take out the serving size, eat it very slowly while they inhale the remainder of the box. I made my husband hide the boxes so I don't know where they are because cookies are my crack and I have NO willpower. If you live alone and don't have willpower, you might need to be the nice guy at work!

I'm so glad I'm not the only person who does this! I have my boyfriend hide sweets from me too! I need to learn to control and moderate myself... but until then, it's out of sight, out of mind!
  • committomittxoxo
    committomittxoxo Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I bought a box and divvied them up into ziploc bags.. then I put them upstairs.. I only tend to snack in front of the TV and it takes more motivation to go ALL the way upstairs for a cookie.. If I take the effort to hit the stairs, I figure I deserve some. :)
  • smsinger75
    smsinger75 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    You can always donate them back to the troop. Many troops are donating their excess cookies to the soldiers overseas. A great cause!! Hope this helps! I am the mother of a Girl Scout and currently have 200 boxes sitting in my living room. Luckily most will be out of the house by the end of the weekend.
  • missdabby
    missdabby Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I bought some to support the Girl Scouts...but then gave them all to family...the Thin Mints are just too hard to resist...I go for a Fiber One Brownie if I want something chocolate...Good Luck : )

1610854.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • staceyshayden
    Options
    I ate them all and got it over with lol
  • alisont91
    Options
    I allow myself one a day. They aren't that many calories if you only have one. I also put them in a room that I rarely go into. If they were in the kitchen, it would be too tempting! And of course, I'm sharing them with my roommates so that I won't feel as bad when the box is gone so soon haha :)
  • corymink
    corymink Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My wife is single handedly funding the girl scouts. There are boxes of them all over the kitchen! I havent had one (YET). She is traveling for work now so it's me alone with those damn cookies. Loves me them peanut butter ones. :sad:
  • DQMD
    DQMD Posts: 193
    Options
    I bring them to work.

I ordered 3 boxes so i can make a new cupcake using them. I am making 150 cupcakes for the end of March.
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    lol can you put them in little baggies per serving size?? i have mine hidden in the back of my cupboard bc i am giving up unnecessary sugars and sweets for lent and to kick my belly into being flatter! i'll never give them away bc i love them too much but once lent is over, i will eat them, just 1 serving at a time so I have to put them in little baggies and separate them.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    We went gluten free so I thought I was safe from them. Then I decided to try my hand at making some homemade, gluten free Samoas and Thin Mints. They were amazing! Good thing I took them to a potluck and only had a few!

I always *think* I'm going to be able to eat moderately but the reality is, I end up eating them all in a blitz and convince myself at least they'll be gone. Problem is, nature abhors a vacuum and something else finds its way into the house. I pretty much have to ban that type of thing unless I'm taking them to a gathering where they will be shared and not all ride around on my butt for the next year!
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    MMMMM YUMMY I would eat in modration myself if I could but there is just something about Girl scout cookies. I would take them to work and get rid of them that way good luck
  • mstaser
    mstaser Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I won't be able to get rid of them. It will be a good test to see if I can only have a couple at a time. But I guess I won't hide them from the kids like I usually do. They will get to have some this time.
  • hpdoxi
    hpdoxi Posts: 32
    Options
    That is too funny...those darn Girl Scout Cookies!! We just ordered some too a while back and they are Crack Cookies for sure!!! If you can manage moderation, then they could be used as a reward for you somedays, have a cookie or two, just to have the indulgence, but don't go overboard. My problem, is as soon as I take something away, that is alllll I want!!!! hehehe. But I have been known to be able to take one bite of a candy bar and put it back. Sometimes, I just want to taste it and fill that sugar craving, but if you take a bite and wait, you may be over it before you know it. Otherwise, everything goes to work with my husband too! heheh
  • breezee313
    breezee313 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I keep them at work. That way there are other people around when I am eating them so I don't go overboard. I also offer them around so I don't eat the entire box. It worked last year. I'm going to try and see.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Dosidos dipped in milk are worse than crack for me - I say I'll have 2, and eat the entire sleeve before I know it. I buy a couple boxes from every girl scout in my neighborhood. Now I've got a dozen boxes at home. But, a husband and 2 boys who are human garbage disposals should take care of the temptation pretty quickly.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Well, I had a box of Thin Mints and a box of Peanut Butter Sandwiches. I have had them for about two weeks. Decided to eat a fe the other day, and they have been taunting me ever since. Gave in last night and ate WAY TOO MANY. I should have given them away.....
  • rowyourboat
    rowyourboat Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    These are my weakness. I LOVE them all!! I ate a box of Tagalongs last week. At least they're all gone now. Bring them to work; that'll solve the problem.
  • Suz_w8loss
    Suz_w8loss Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I ordered 2 boxes of the Thin Mints & got them delivered to me on Tuesday. I still have not opened the boxes, because I know I will be oinking out in Thin Mint heaven-lol.
    So I am thinking about crushing them all up and making some Thin-Mint cupcakes to give to my son's class. I will of course have 1 cupcake and give the rest away. At least I wont feel guilty then.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Tie a box of Thin Mints to a string.
    Tie the string to a long stick or pole.
    Affix the pole to your shoulder so the box is -just- out of reach in front of you.
    Go for a run.

(If you need it more manly, use duct tape and a fishing pole :)