Late Night Snacking

Options
2»

Replies

• spudman1232
    Options
    I have started eating popcorn. Seems to do the trick and the calories are very low!!
  • anakelela
    anakelela Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have eggs whites, cottage cheese or fruit (usually asian pear) before bed. If I do a late workout, I eat a Luna bar.

I HATE going to bed hungry.
  • kmbrleykay
    Options
    I also am a late night snacker, I fought the habit for years. But I go to TOPS & one of our lessons recently said it is not only ok to have a snack before bed, but good for you, as it helps keep your metabolism level. Like they say to eat small meals every couple of hours all day, then we go 7 - 10 hours with nothing. Just keep the calories for at night & try to eat something healthy. I use pudding cups, fruit, a serving of cereal, & sometimes popcorn. It just depends on if I'm in the mood for something sweet or something crunchy.
  • Dilfster
    Dilfster Posts: 434
    Options
    yeah, as soon as I click my food diary onto this site I am hungry and want to add something. lol. If I really have the urge to eat, I'll eat a plum. i love em.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I've heard that's called Insom-nom-nom-nia :laugh:

I am stealing this.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I have the HARDEST time not eating before I go to bed. I have been doing this for as long as I can remember and I dont know how to give it up! I know its one of the WORSE things to do! What do I do? Or what can I eat that wont be so bad before bed???

No, it's not the worse thing to do. It's not even a little bit bad. It's neutral. Like breathing.
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Because I work out in the evenings I have a high protein snack every night about an hour before bed. Every night. So long as you have the allotted calories, it truly doesn't matter when you eat them. Snacking at night hasn't slowed down my loss at all ... take a look below. :happy: If you have the calories and you're hungry, eat!! :flowerforyou: