Nothing fits me!

Options
It is so embarrassing to have to go to a job interview in the one super tight pair of pants that I can actually button. I look/feel terrible. Can't afford clothes that fit. Ugh! Anyone feel my pain?

Replies

• sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    check out freecycle.org
    there are lots of people that get rid of stuff on there for free, maybe you can get some clothes that way?
  • purpletrillium
    Options
    Try a consignment shop too. I won't buy any new clothes until I get down another 10 pounds.
  • beccasalo
    Options
    check out freecycle.org

Yeah, I see people on there offering clothes all the time. My dad uses this service to get stuff/ give away stuff often and he likes it. You can even post asking for something you're looking for. I would definitely try it.

On another note, there is more to you than the number on the scale. Go into that interview with confidence in who you are and what you have to give to the world. :)

Good luck!
  • AshleyM2484
    Options
    Also Craigslist! Buying used clothing to hold you over is a great idea, IMO. I do it all the time :)
  • Lanna74
    Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I am sort of in the same boat. I refuse to purchase new clothes in bigger sizes so I deal. Most of my clothes are tight and I can't currently wear them. That's what keeps me motivated each day.

Best of luck with your interview!!! =)
  • ptuttle2
    ptuttle2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What size are you? I have a pair of nice Old Navy Khaki's that are too big for me. They are size 16. You are welcome to them if you want.
  • HeidiRene
    HeidiRene Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! You guys are so sweet. I am currently a 12 or 14, but I am sooooo touched by your offer of khakis!! Too nice. I will try freecycle. I have a closet and attic full of 4 and 6es that fit me 7 months ago so the goal is to get back in them. I literally can't afford consignment or thrift right now (although when I am employed I get 90% of my clothes from consignment and thrift stores -I love them!). The interview went well. I am hopeful!!!
  • Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I definitely know what your feeling. I bought this really sexy suit.. Dressy slacks and cute matching jacket
    Around last year. I can barely squeeze my legs into them..
    And so restrictive around my arms. Can't move without looking abnormal lol
    Definitely is a bummer... That and now I have nothing classy to wear
    ):
  • capricorn0120
    capricorn0120 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I lost a bit of weight early last year and slowly it's been creeping back on. I've put on almost half of what I previously lost. I bought new outfits that don't fit me well any more. Hard to find anything in my closet to wear to work that I feel comfortable in. I don't want to buy anything new because I have a closet full of stuff I want to fit into again.
  • tenshiblue
    tenshiblue Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you are going through. Several month ago, I went to an interview. The day before I tried on my suit, I can barely zip up my pants. I've lost weight since I've joined MFP. I haven't tried the suit again, but I'm sure I can fit into it comfortably now. Stick with MFP and I'm sure you will definitely see results :)
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    I feel like I wrote this post! I actually threw a tantrum this morning when I was getting ready for work because nothing fits. I hope you find an outfit that works for you, and I hope that you find your waistbands loose soon!