Cheat Nights

Options
I count my calories everyday. I workout atleast 3-4 times a week. I go to school until 815pm with a 45 minute commute home on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Given this, I usually have two cheat nights a week. Usually a Thursday, and a Friday or Saturday. When it comes to cheat nights, should I do whatever I want or should I still try to be reasonably healthy? Could cheat nights be sabotaging my diet?

Replies

• byukid
    byukid Posts: 55
    Options
    If your cheats put you in a caloric surplus for the week, they're harmful. If they don't, no worries. There are benefits to cheat meals on especially strict diets.
  • harebearva
    harebearva Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    in my opinion it's better to watch portion size, than content when it comes to cheat meals. Eat what you want, just not alot of it and you'll be fine. stay withon your daily calorie alotment.
  • cbashful
    cbashful Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    We lead similar lives... I do the same but I do take the time to log them anyway if I do go over for that day (However I dont over do it), Sometimes I will add in an extra workout to compensate for the overages and sometimes I dont. Im all for at least one cheat day a week! Depriving yourself will cause you to stop counting all together but having what you crave is kind of like positive reinforcement for doing well all week and will make you want to stay on track for the next cheat day...in my opinion.
  • trivmeg716
    Options
    I agree! Thanks :smile:
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I find if I want a "cheat" meal. I'll make a home made pizza. I'll use a PC blue menu na'an bread, turkey pepperoni, light mozza and home made pizza sauce. Makes me feel like I'm being guilty when I'm not!
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I find that I automatically eat a bit less, I still weigh things out but I make sure I'm within my calories every day, as well as fat and carbohydrates so I don't typically have a set day just whenever I fancy it.
  • F1tnessfreek
    Options
    I find if I want a "cheat" meal. I'll make a home made pizza. I'll use a PC blue menu na'an bread, turkey pepperoni, light mozza and home made pizza sauce. Makes me feel like I'm being guilty when I'm not!

Sounds lovely!! might have to give this a try...

I try my best to stick to the 80% 20% rule when maintaining weight.

Good 80% of the time then 'naughty' whilst watching my portions 20% of the time.

Depends on your goal and timeline and if i was working towards significant weight loss I would try and reduce the naughty % or stop it all together till I reached target.

Its not forever.

Good luck with your journey!