Sweet Tooth

Options
.... Hey Guys,

I have such a sweet tooth of late, what could i eat to curb my cravings but is healthy!?

Replies

• balzewoman
    Options
    Hi, I have a bit of a sweet tooth also and found a recipe here for 3-2-1 cake. The recipe calls for 1 box of any cake flavor mixed with 1 box of angel food cake mix. In a microwavable cup mix 3 tablespoons of the cake mix with 2 tablespoons of water. Microwave for 1 minute. It has only 42 calories. But I lowered the calories even more by using sugar-free cake mixes. i love chocolate so I use a spoonful of sugar-free canned frosting on top. Good luck and I hope you enjoy the recipe.
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • BlueStar1989
    BlueStar1989 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    hungry girl yum yum brownie muffins. two things devils food cake mix and 15 oz can pumpkin puree. 181 for one of 12 large muffins and you can hardly tast the pumpkin in it just chocolate
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    There was also a recipe for cheese cake stuffed strawberries on here that sounded amazing you might want to go take a look I am making a batch tonight!
  • imogenjade
    Options
    i have options hot chocolate the low calorie ones. yummy
  • teamsaris
    Options
    One of my favourites is Jello sugar free puddings!! 60 calories per single serve container and they have chocolate, vanilla, and a creamy caramel that is to DIE for :)

Jello sugar free jello snacks are only 5 calories each and can be perfect to quench a sweet craving :)

I also carry crystal light candies in my purse :) 5 calories each and perfect when a craving hits on the go!!!
  • Missashley9
    Options
    I have made the "Hungry Girl's" chocolate cupcakes and they are yummy. It's 1 box devils food cake mix and one can of pumpkin puree-- that's it! (Not pumpkin pie filling, but the plain puree.) You mix until combined. It does take a little elbow grease. Then bake them in muffin tins. Each one has about 100 calories and 2 grams of fat. I even add 1 fat free pudding cup, to make it even more moist and chocolate-y. Just 103 cals and 2 grams of fat. No oil. No eggs. Plus you get fiber from the pumpkin. They're yummy!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I make pudding parfaits. Half chocolate, half butterscotch, with a little redi whip on top. Sugar free pudding.
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    my go to candy is a tootsie roll pop. 60 calories....you get a touch of chocolate and you take your time sucking on it so it's not like popping something and then wanting more right away. that's what i do when i'm really in the mood for sweet. yes i know it's not healthy but sometimes you gotta induldge.
  • Missashley9
    Options
    FYI-- this is 103 cals per muffin, out of 24 muffins. I use a small ice cream scoop to portion mine out.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow anything
    1/2 cup of ice cream is like 100 calories depending on the brand, flavor
  • hkmamma
    Options
    bump
  • shellshalla
    shellshalla Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    bump
  • barwwd
    barwwd Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    banana, 1 tbsp hershey's dark chocolate cocoa powder, ice (sometimes some sugar free chocolate syrup). Put it all in a blender until it's a SMOOTHIE! MMM... 115 calories. Devine. If you want to get wild and crazy, you can add almond milk or greek yogurt, but I like it simple.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have a bit of a sweet tooth also and found a recipe here for 3-2-1 cake. The recipe calls for 1 box of any cake flavor mixed with 1 box of angel food cake mix. In a microwavable cup mix 3 tablespoons of the cake mix with 2 tablespoons of water. Microwave for 1 minute. It has only 42 calories. But I lowered the calories even more by using sugar-free cake mixes. i love chocolate so I use a spoonful of sugar-free canned frosting on top. Good luck and I hope you enjoy the recipe.
    Love this, I do this for evening desserts, and I estimate it around 100 cals even though it's probably not.......love my 3.....2.....1....CAKE!
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I, my friend, have a sweet tooth for the record books.

I love ice cream. I have frozen bananas (best if they're over-ripe so they're sweeter) and then put them in the blender (chop them up first!) with 2 TB cocoa powder per banana.. just blend until smooth and it's like ice cream! Seriously, it is delicious AND sweet. And it's only around 80 calories (per banana/2 TB cocoa) ! I have also added peanut butter or Nutella for added deliciousness-- just remember to add the calories as well. :)
  • VictoriaAStone
    Options
    wow all sounds great!!! Thanks! i will have to try and find the UK equivilant to the 3-2-1 cake :)
  • kellybib
    Options
    i have options hot chocolate the low calorie ones. yummy
    Me too helps me curb my cravings lovely!
  • FitSid
    FitSid Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    chewing gum.. it's said to lower sweet cravings but increase salty cravings. I have a MAJOR sweet tooth but I control it by chewing gum all the time, hope it helps?
  • kvreeken
    kvreeken Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Check this out.....
    http://www.drozfans.com/dr-oz-diet/pu-erh-tea-chickweed-tea-bilberry-tea-dr-oz-weight-loss-teas/

Also he suggests organic raisins I. The evening to crush the sweet tooth and provide good fiber before bed.