Replies

• wilkyway
    wilkyway Posts: 151
    Options
    !!!!!!!!!
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Here is a favorite of mine - from The 30 Day Diabetes Miracle Cookbook (The whole cookbook is vegan and totally awesome)

Chunky Chickpea Spread - makes 5 cups - 10 1/2 cup servings
    4 cups Low-sodium canned chickpeas,
    3/4 cup Nayonaise spread, Tofutti Better drained Than Sour Cream, or Low-Fat Tofu Mayonnaise (page 2231
    1"12 cups fineLy chopped ceLery
    1 teaspoon ceLery salt, or to taste
    1/2 cup fineLy chopped red onion
    2 tabLespoons McKay"s Chicken-Style
    "12 teaspoon garlic powder Instant Broth and Seasoning, Vegan
    Place the beans in a food processor and pulse a few times until they are choppd
    and chunky. (no whole beans visibile, but not mushy). Place in a bowl. add the remaining ingredients and stir together well.

Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate until serving
    ANALYSIS FOR 1 SERVING:
    'n cup made WIth Nayonais spread
    Calones: 163. Fat: 6.0 g, Total carbohydrates: 22 g. Protein: 65 g,
    Dietary fiber: 5.7 g. SodIum' 326 mg. Net carbs: 163 g Carb Choice: 1
    ANALYSIS FOR 1 SERVING,
    'h cup made WIth Tofulli Beller Than Sour Cream
    Calories' 168. Fat: 4.9 g, Total c rbohydrates: 26.2 g, Prolein: 6.7 g,
    Dietary "ber; 6 1 g. Sodium: 285 mg. N t carbs: 20,1. Carb ChOICe: l1tJ
    ANALYSIS FOR 1 SERVING:
    \fI cup made With Low-Fat Tofu Mayonnaisl!
    Calortes: 134, Fat. 30 g, Total carbohydrates, 21.1 g, Protem 70 g,
    Dietary "ber: 5.5 g. Sodium' 21.5 mg, Net carbs' 141 g, Carb ChOice: 1
    Sauces,.
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Bump! Will check thread later for tasty vegan recipes :)
  • fortydaysrain
    fortydaysrain Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've made these a ton of times for my brother who is vegan when he comes home he requests it:

Black Bean & Mango Chili

■ 2 cans of black beans,
    ■ 1 can delmonte diced tomatoes with chiles,
    ■ 1 can red jalepeno wheels,
    ■ 1 can green jalepeno wheels,
    ■ 2 small cans of corn,
    ■ 1 cup brown sugar, packed
    ■ 1 mango (pureed)
    ■ nutmeg, cinnamon and garlic powder to taste

1. Mix all ingredients, add to slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

Number of Servings: 6
    Calories: 395.8 Total Fat: 2.1 g Cholesterol: 0.0 mg Sodium: 275.9 mg Total Carbs: 87.5 g Dietary Fiber: 14.7 g Protein: 13.2 g

Avocado Enchiladas (This makes a LOT, I usually make this when I have a lot of people coming over for dinner)

■ 8 avocados
    ■ 1/2 red onion, diced
    ■ 1 cup chopped cilantro leaves
    ■ Juice of one lime
    ■ 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
    ■ 3/4 teaspoon salt
    ■ 20 whole wheat tortillas
    ■ 2 Cans Enchilada Sauce
    ■ 1 pound shredded Vegan Gourmet Cheddar

1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
    2. Chop avocado and toss with cilantro, onion, jalapeno, lime juice and salt.
    3. Spread 1/2 cup Enchilada sauce on the bottom of a casserole dish.
    4. Dip tortillas in a bowl of remaining sauce, add a large spoonful or two of avocado filling in each tortilla. Roll up and arrange rolled tortillas side by side in casserole dish. Pour remaining sauce over tortillas sprinkle with cheese.
    6. Cover and bake for 25 minutes take foil off and bake for another five minutes.

Don't have the nutritional info for this one.
  • belladonna_3k
    Options
    Yaaay so excited to see other vegans/vegan friendlies!! I was beginning to wonder.... ;-) I'm jotting down all of your yummy suggestions.. and I have a meager few on my little blog, karmacooking2012.wordpress.com that all of you are welcome to share!
  • unicornassassin
    unicornassassin Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Bump.

Also, I'm a very lazy cook when I cook just for myself, which is most of the time. My go-to dinner is vegetable stirfry with beans seasoned with sesame oil and soy sauce.

Sesame oil and soy sauce together is heaven!
  • belladonna_3k
    Options
    I have tons and tons of recipes. Is there anything in particular you are looking for?

Anything and everything :-)
  • IndyInk
    IndyInk Posts: 212
    Options
    I'd like to second and third the vote for chocolatecoveredkatie.com. :)
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    My two favorite vegan recipe blogs are The Post Punk Kitchen (www.theppk.com) and Oh She Glows (www.ohsheglows.com).

I also have a new vegan recipe blog (shameless plug!) at www.thevegankitchen.net

the PPK is the same person who does The Appetite for Reduction cookbook... I can never remember her name, Isa ???? but she is awesome! I love her falafel recipe. YUMMMM!
  • takehomepay
    takehomepay Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    We love this potato salad:

http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/dads_potato_salad/

Just substitute extra firm tofu for the hard boiled eggs. If you try this, let me know what you think!
  • mellymink
    mellymink Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My new favorite dessert is 2 cups almond/coconut/hemp milk with 1/3 cup chia seeds, stir it every ten minutes for 30 minutes and then let it sit in the fridge overnight. Sweeten with agave( or honey if you are okay with it) and add fruit or whatever you like. It is very similar to tapioca.

I second this! "Chia Pudding" is another name for it, very delicious and nutritious!
  • MamaMizzle
    MamaMizzle Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chauser1022
    Options
    Sorry I am so slow. Here is one I love.
    Red Lentil Burgers

Serves 8

Ingredients

1 pound (1 1/2 cups) red lentils
    5 cups water, salted
    1 cup minced onion (1 medium)
    1/2 cup minced carrot (1 large)
    2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves)
    Olive oil for the skillet
    2 cups chopped crimini mushrooms
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    3/4 cup Japanese bread crumbs (panko)
    4 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
    10 ounces firm tofu, pureed in a blender
    Method

In a large pot, simmer the lentils in salted water until tender. Drain and cool.

In a large skillet, sauté the onion, carrot and garlic in 1 teaspoon olive oil until tender, about 2 minutes

Add the mushrooms, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook until mushrooms are tender and liquid has evaporated, approximately 5 minutes, and allow to cool.

Add the bread crumbs, lemon juice, pureed tofu, 2 tablespoons olive oil and cooked lentils and mix to combine. Transfer to a large bowl. Chill for 30 minutes and then shape into 8 patties.

Pan fry in olive oil in a large skillet until each side is crisp and golden. Finish in a 350°F oven if necessary to heat through.

Nutrition: 151 calories (19 from fat), 2g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 164mg sodium, 33g total carbohydrate (10g dietary fiber, 23g sugar), 11g protein
  • joyous504
    Options
    I'm a vegan and I have a website that I post recipes. I get busy and don't post all the time, but I try to post the best one. www.deliciouslyjoyful.com

I can veganize pretty much anything. I get a lot of recipes off the internet and then adapt them.

Also, if you haven't, check out fatfreevegan.com. She has great recipes.
  • abbbigayl
    abbbigayl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Chef Chloe has a book coming out next week, I've tried several recipes from her website and they have all turned out great. Also the book Forks over Knives ...the last half of the book are all easy vegan recipes. I made the "raise the roof lasagna" over the weekend ..it's already gone!
  • londongirl2012
    londongirl2012 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I made a yummy spinach and almond soup at the weekend.
    It made enough for 4:
    Ingredients:
    550g chopped spinach (i used frozen)
    600ml veg stock
    1-2 cloves garlic chopped finely (optional)
    salt and pepper to taste
    100g finely ground almonds
    100ml soya cream
    grated parmesan style vegan cheese
    bread rolls to serve

Method:
    Add spinach garlic and stock to pan and bring to foil, simmer for 5 mins.
    Add ground almonds stir well and simmer for further 2 mins.
    Season and taste.
    Remove from heat and blend.
    Add soya cream and stir well, add to pan and reheat gently until warmed throughly.
    Serve with more pepper on top, parmesan style cheese and toasted bread rolls.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    the PPK is the same person who does The Appetite for Reduction cookbook... I can never remember her name, Isa ???? but she is awesome! I love her falafel recipe. YUMMMM!

Yes, Isa Chandra Moskowitz is both the writer of The PPK and has several cookbooks out. She is one of my favorite cooks - I've asked for nearly all her cookbooks for my birthday!
  • hapandleonard
    Options
    Hooray vegans! I thought about putting up a similar post but didn't experct to get much of a response - looks like I was wrong! If you have a sweet tooth this is one of my ABSOLUTE favourites:

http://www.vegtalk.org/vegan-pastry/ann-blooming-lovely-chocolate-orange-cheesecake-t3186.html

Have it with a bit of soya cream - Heaven!!
  • Krahn1984
    Krahn1984 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    bump