I ran out of Lasagna noodles

ShellBelle6
ShellBelle6 Posts: 105 Member
I have 3 extra kids (1 - 5 year old and 2 - 3 year olds) tonight and 1 extra adult (the same size as my husband, along with my family of 5.

I had planned on making lasagna, but apparently didn't plan very well...
I am short by 6 lasagna noodles for the 2 batches I need to make.
I have a box of bow tie noodles here... Do you think I can combine the noodles? Think it will still be ok?

Opinions? Other suggestions?

Thank you!

Replies

• do you have any zucchini at home? i slice zucchini lengthwise in thin strips, slightly cook them and use them instead of noodles. they are a tasty, healthy alternative.
  • ajlarz
    ajlarz Posts: 155 Member
    What I would do is break up the lasagna noodles and combine them with the bowties and make more of a casserole out of instead of a lasagna. Use the same incredients, just mix it all together instead of making layers. Sounds good to me!
  • ShellBelle6
    do you have any zucchini at home? i slice zucchini lengthwise in thin strips, slightly cook them and use them instead of noodles. they are a tasty, healthy alternative.

No I don't :(
  • ShellBelle6
    What I would do is break up the lasagna noodles and combine them with the bowties and make more of a casserole out of instead of a lasagna. Use the same incredients, just mix it all together instead of making layers. Sounds good to me!

That sounds like a great idea! Thanks!
  • I've used bowtie pasta in place of the lasagna noodles and I absolutely love it! BUT--cook the bowties first. I didn't even think about it because I had no boil lasagna noodles, but the pasta needs to be boiled first, otherwise it doesn't cook enough while baking. But other than that, it made it into a whole new dish and I absolutely loved it!