Under Armour

Options
All weather or Heat for warm weather? Anyone with experience with both, I'd like to know which is best since they aren't cheap.

Replies

• kgarman
    kgarman Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Alll weather. The heat stuff really traps heat in on my body and gets too damn hot.

Sorry, I'm having a very big case of the stupids today. I can't say what I mean. I meant don't get the cold stuff unless it's for cold weather because it really traps the heat.
  • CMomma23
    CMomma23 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    They have cold gear and heat gear. Obviously heat is for hot weather and cold gear is for cold weather :)
  • Quickster34
    Quickster34 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    if you live a four season climate all weather should work fine since you will get more use out of it in spring and fall, personally i never saw the point of heat gear, if its hot enough im running without a shirt anyway
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I agree with the comment on it depends on your area for getting the most use. I buy the Heat gear because I live in the South and it does help nearly year round. If you have all four seasons, the All Weather is a good choice.
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Buy knock off, works just as well.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    if you live a four season climate all weather should work fine since you will get more use out of it in spring and fall, personally i never saw the point of heat gear, if its hot enough im running without a shirt anyway

Well, I'd go shirtless but I'd probably scare small children and then get arrested.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Ok, now I have a new question. Does heat gear make you feel any cooler?? Or is it just something that dries faster than cotton?
  • _darrencohen
    _darrencohen Posts: 8 Member
    Options

My nipples disagree!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Ok, now I have a new question. Does heat gear make you feel any cooler?? Or is it just something that dries faster than cotton?

All I wear is heat gear mainly(pants and shirts) and it doesn't make me feel cooler, but it does dry pretty quick I find and doesn't get as soaked as normal cotton does.

I live in IL and use heat gear year round since I workout at a gym... and it's wonderful stuff.

Try to buy from an Under Armor Outlet or see if TJ Max has anything... I found a lot of Under Armor gear at Tj Max for like half of what it normally is.
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options

My nipples disagree!

Lol, which knock off did you buy? I haven't had any problems.
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    My nipples disagree!
    :laugh:
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I have cold gear and heat gear, both are awesome! Just read the tags! Dont wash with fabric softner!!
  • sarahc001
    sarahc001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I always wear heat gear- even in the cold. However, be aware of the fit..."compression" means "really, really tight" as in medium = extra small.
  • _darrencohen
    _darrencohen Posts: 8 Member
    Options

My nipples disagree!

Lol, which knock off did you buy? I haven't had any problems.

Got both Nike and the cheap champion from Target. Both have given me some burn!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options

For me, it pulls the sweat away so I feel like I can sweat some more. I feel drier longer, and faster. It also feels lighter than a cotton shirt/pants once I'm sweating. It's humid where I live, so it feels much better because it pulls away the sweat, unlike cotton, where I'd stay drenched.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options

Wish I could get away without a shirt... but I'd probably be behind bars in no time!