Zumba

Options
Why can't I find Zumba on the exercise list.
Had to put in high impact aerobics, gutted it's only 24 cals burned. That can't be right for 50 mins.

Replies

• rmk20togo
    rmk20togo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I wear a HRM and usually burn 750-850 calories in an hour. I do high impact Zumba and am literally dripping sweat in a puddle on the floor. Here's a calculator that hits pretty close to my HRM.

http://www.zumbacalories.com/
  • wyldefire
    Options
    I am new and I had to just post my Zumba calories also, I used the zumbacalories.com also and it seems pretty accurate, I take 2 classes a week one mid level impact and the other high.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Anyone tried with their HRM?
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    if you don't have an hrm use that zumbacalories.com, that's what I do.
  • vestarocks
    vestarocks Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Why can't I find Zumba on the exercise list.
    Had to put in high impact aerobics, gutted it's only 24 cals burned. That can't be right for 50 mins.

It's there. I use it all the time. Weird.
  • britlem
    Options
    When I wear my hrm ( Polar ft7 w/chest strap) for 45 mins I usually burn about 450-550.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    Anyone tried with their HRM?

Mine says I burned 502 this morning in a high level 50 minute class. Seriously in anaerobic zone, wring my clothes out, out of breath. And I am pretty fit. (stats-5'9", 48, 138 lbs.)
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Yep...good ol www.zumbacalories.com is the pretty accurate! thats what I use!
  • ashcali005
    Options
    i was considering buying an hrm device to help calculate my calories while i did zumba....instead should i just use the http://www.zumbacalories.com/ ? Would you say its pretty close in acuracy..when you tried it how many cals was it off from your hrm?
  • hannahagraham
    Options
    Yeaah, man. I looked for Zumba as an alternitave for playing Just Dance (high intensity songs only.. d:) and it wasn't there.
    Kinda weird considernig how common it is now'a days..
  • Milliebear66
    Milliebear66 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    hiya, I Zumba twice weekly, I asked my instrutor. She says you burn between 400 - 800 calories, obvioulsy dependant on your weight, height, and how much you 'give it' ... I put mysef down for 500 each session, I am happy with that. I try not to use my exercise to eat more, I like to burn more .. giving me weight loss.. :) xx
  • indrani1947
    indrani1947 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I use zumba calories.com and I'm happy with the results they give me though not a lot of difference between that and areobics
  • shurleec
    shurleec Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi I zumba about 3 times a week. I wear a HRM and usually burn 600-675. I've never been below 600. I am definitely glad I bought a HRM Polar FT7, I use it all the time!
  • irishasian05
    irishasian05 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I do Zumba fitness 2 on my Wii, and it estimates that i burn between 460 and 500 per hour, which is fantastic. I do it about 5 days a week, since I can't make it to an actual class bc my schedule is so hectic.
  • serenity15
    serenity15 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello group I am trying to add zumba but cant find it. Please help.
  • DLB13
    DLB13 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks ladies,
    Thats made me feel a whole lot better. :))
    I'll take a look at the wed site.

Im not going mad then, Zumba isn't on the list.

Nice to meet you all.
    Thanks again

Debbie