easy make ahead meals

Options
Hello Everyone!

Well, I'm due to have my baby in 8 short weeks if not sooner, amd i have a few basic make agead meal ideas ( recipies) that i can make but I am looking for some new ones that are going to be quick and easy, and NEW for me to make a freeze for when I do have baby and bring her home! MY hubby isnt the best in the kitchen LOL... any recipies and and ideas will be greatly appreciated and welcome
Thank you very much for you help :happy:

Replies

• wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    Options
    Spicy lentil stew ( my diary is open, can you view recipes in there? not sure. I'm about to head to bed, I will post back with recipe if you want)
    chilli con carne
    spag bol
    soup with a heap of veg in it
    curry
    chicken fillets then all you need is from fresh veg/baby potatoes...easy

I batch make all these feeds for the freezer for work/evening time. THey are easy to make, taste great once reheated. I put the spagbol/chilli with whatever I have: rice, pasta. Whenever I am making some mashed potato, I just make some more and freeze them in portions also to have with stuff. Handy.
  • Judway
    Judway Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    try skinnytaste.com all her recipes are awesome that's all i make
    good luck
  • melissahann2010
    Options
    Spicy lentil stew ( my diary is open, can you view recipes in there? not sure. I'm about to head to bed, I will post back with recipe if you want)
    chilli con carne
    spag bol
    soup with a heap of veg in it
    curry
    chicken fillets then all you need is from fresh veg/baby potatoes...easy

I batch make all these feeds for the freezer for work/evening time. THey are easy to make, taste great once reheated. I put the spagbol/chilli with whatever I have: rice, pasta. Whenever I am making some mashed potato, I just make some more and freeze them in portions also to have with stuff. Handy.

Id love to have the recipies :) thank you
  • melissahann2010
    Options
    try skinnytaste.com all her recipes are awesome that's all i make
    good luck

Im checking it out right now THANK YOU
  • lynzy713
    lynzy713 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jewelswye
    jewelswye Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    * Chili you can make a big pot of it and freeze it
    * tater tot casserole
    * Soup

http://www.babycenter.com/0_frozen-assets-10-easy-recipes-to-freeze_1461090.bc

That website gives 10 good recipes
  • ThinMint7
    ThinMint7 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I find it helpful to cook chicken and hamburger ahead of time and I keep a supply in the freezer. I chop up the chicken and bag it in 1 cup amounts, and I bag the hamburger in 1 lb. amounts. Then I can make chili and other recipes more quickly. Look on the internet for "Chicken Tortilla Soup" and "American Shepherd's Pie." Those are two of my favorite simple recipes.
  • beankid
    beankid Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hope he likes chicken. Throw some chicken breast in a crockpot for about 6 hours.. Shreds so easily.. He can make sandwiches, tacos, all types of things.
  • melissahann2010
    Options
    Thanks everyone !!!
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti pie is a good one all you do is make everything up bake it and then freeze it. Many Hot dishes are good to freeze as well. Congratulations and good luck with your new little adventure with the baby.
  • wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    Options
    Spicy lentil stew
    - Carrot/celery/onion. Cut small and sweat off in a casserole/big pot.
    - Chop peppers, courgette...any veg you like. Leave them big enough as they will cook for 1hr roughly. Add to pot and cook for a few mins.
    - I add raisins or sultana’s or dried cranberries for a sweet bite.
    - Add spices: I add curry powder, garam masala, dried chilli flakes. I add more curry powder than garam masala, depends on how hot you like your food. You will need enough to taste the spices as you add a good bit of liquid to the pot.
    - Add green lentils (probably about 250- 300g). Stir with other ingredients until coated with spices.
    - Add 1 litre chicken/veg stock, 400g tin of chopped tomatoes and 1 tin of coconut milk.
    - Stir and simmer for 20mins. At this stage, add some chopped potatoes.
    - Cook for another 40mins or so, until lentils are cooked and potatoes are cooked. You might need to add some more stock if it starts to dry up a bit. There should be liquid left as it’s kinda like a soup but not as wet.
    - I also poach chicken fillets and once everything is cooked, I chop these up and add into the stew also.

This is yum yum yum and even better reheated.