What did you give up for lent?

Options
carrielz
carrielz Posts: 10 Member
I have decided to give up eating out Mexican food for lent! This is a big challenge because I LOVE it! I tend to" fall of the wagon" at Mexican restaurants and I call it my "cheat" day, but it's only hindering my weight loss results. I want to know, what everyone else is giving up for lent?

Replies

• quickfin
    quickfin Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up chipotle....this is going to be rough!!!
  • naseak
    naseak Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Tim Horton Ice caps
  • courtney131
    Options
    Facebook!
  • June5rn
    Options
    giving up all fast food.......hopefully for longer than lent
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Bread and all bread-like things: tortillas, muffins, brownies, cookies, etc.
  • TaniaMB
    TaniaMB Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up my online poker addiction (fun poker no real cash) waste way to much time when I can be excercising.
  • MissStoner
    MissStoner Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sweets. It's time to drop the cookie monster alter ego LOL
  • Ashleysh22
    Options
    I have decided to give up eating out Mexican food for lent! This is a big challenge because I LOVE it! I tend to" fall of the wagon" at Mexican restaurants and I call it my "cheat" day, but it's only hindering my weight loss results. I want to know, what everyone else is giving up for lent?
    you gave up mexican food? holy crap. I LOVE mexican food. lol.

I am technically jewish but my hubby is not. and since he keeps kosher in our home and strictly kosher on passover - I give something up for lent. I gave up single player games this year - like soduku and minesweeper and angry birds and all the other time wasters on my ipad.
  • quickfin
    quickfin Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    hmm maybe I should have given up chipotle rice only...
  • Mickeyala01
    Options
    I decided to give up eating out (fast food, restaurants, etc..) this will definitely be a challenge!
  • ropey101
    ropey101 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up all my new years resolutions!!! ;-)
  • neon8919
    Options
    I have a big list but my two main goals are to become healthier in my emotional/spiritual life and in my physical life.

I am going to church every Sunday, which I haven't done since high school when I was forced to by mom.

I have also given up snaking, dining out, soda, coffee, and alcohol.
  • massagecailin
    Options
    I have decided to give up chocolate. I don't believe that Lent should coincide with weight loss goals, as that is not what the "holiday" is about. However, as food is such a big influence in my life, it will be a sacrifice to give up chocolate. Good luck everyone!