Sad but happy...is that possible?

Options
pannellkat
pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
Is it possible to be sad but happy at the same time?

Biggest Loser contest at my job, today was the last day. I was in first place the last 2 weeks of the contest. Last weigh in was today, I came in second place by a tenth of a %. The winner lost 7.2% body fat and I lost 7.1%. SOOOOO CLOSE!!!!

I'm sad that I didn't win because I was so close but I'm happy that I lost over 13 lbs all together. If we were going off lbs I would have won because the winner lost 13 lbs and I lost 13.4 lbs during the contest but oh well, you win some you lose some.....so why am I switching from sad....to happy...to sad?? Kind of makes me want to eat anything I want to this weekend. lol. I'm an emotional roller coaster right now.

Replies

• thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Congrads on the 13.4 lbs:flowerforyou:
    There's no 1st or 2nd.

You both are winners in alot of peoples minds.
    You've lost >13 lbs.

Keep on the journey.
    Don't worry, be happy! :laugh:
    Your still a winner.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Don't go on an eating binge, that will make you feel so much worse!! Be happy you are 13lbs lighter and healthier!!!

Be proud!!!

Memaw
  • girlygirl82
    girlygirl82 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    No matter who the 'winner' was you kicked some serious booty! Congradulations to you!! :drinker:

You should be so proud of yourself. And you should definetely let yourslef have a small reward for your job well done. : )
  • ChaChaMommy
    Options
    Stay happy!!!!:bigsmile: You made a unbelievable achievement and should be thrilled. I'm starting to understand that (at least for me) my binge and emotional eating are all tied into control issues. The scale moving 2 pounds in one day (and not in a good way) even when I'm "good" can cause me serious depression and the desire to forget it:mad: and eat everything in sight.....that's when its important to remind ourselves that WE are in control....not the scale! Congratulations on your awesome progress and keep it up! Instead of eating your "sad", treat yourself to something like a new pair of shorts for summer, or a pedicure!:flowerforyou:
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Great support guys. Thanks. I am truly starting to feel better. I'm OVER IT! well not all the way yet but somewhat lol
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    7.1% body fat is AWESOME! Keep that up lady. Body Fat% is one of the best measures you can use to keep track of progress! Nicely done!
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to be sad but happy at the same time?

Biggest Loser contest at my job, today was the last day. I was in first place the last 2 weeks of the contest. Last weigh in was today, I came in second place by a tenth of a %. The winner lost 7.2% body fat and I lost 7.1%. SOOOOO CLOSE!!!!

I'm sad that I didn't win because I was so close but I'm happy that I lost over 13 lbs all together. If we were going off lbs I would have won because the winner lost 13 lbs and I lost 13.4 lbs during the contest but oh well, you win some you lose some.....so why am I switching from sad....to happy...to sad?? Kind of makes me want to eat anything I want to this weekend. lol. I'm an emotional roller coaster right now.
    Aww! You ARE a winner. Its a bummer to see someone else get the glory, but at least you see that you did something amazing.
    You should treat yourself to something nice. Instead of food, why not a new pair of shoes? Or a top? Some permanent reminder of your hard work!
    Way to go! :flowerforyou:
  • FantasticVoyage
    Options
    Don't go eating whatever you want! Whatever you've been doing is working really well and that's what you have to focus on. I've just started really buckling down and I have a long road ahead of me. I know how you feel, just keep on goin!:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!