TRX (Total-body Resistance eXercise)

Options
Hi,

Two of my 60 minute programs are TRX (yellow and black band from a anchor in the celling) I am trying to figure out what the calories would be for the total Hour.. I am currently putting Circuit (General) for a hour which is giving me 400+ plus calories.. I don't want to dip in to some of these unless I know for sure.. I would love to know a rough gadge of what I am burning.. I work out a total of five days with three days of Trim and Tone its a circuit style class, so I think I am covered in the options listed for that. except from the TRX (Total-body Resistance exercise).. I tried to write on the ap but will not allow be to review the ap :(

Please Help !

Replies

• deineira
    deineira Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    If you had a heart rate monitor and you used it while you were exercising, it would tell you exactly what you were burning in calories during your workout. Other than that, all you can do is guess...you can find ones that are $20-30 or so, if you have that in your budget.
  • ncsjodi
    ncsjodi Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I did a 55 minute TRX class last Friday and wore my HRM for it. I burned 325 calories. We do a circuit type workout with one upper body, one lower body and one cardio exercise with minimal rest between. Hope that helps!
  • nickyuk78
    Options
    Thank you ncsjodi ... that gives me a good idea ..Thats brilliant Thanks :)
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I did a 60 minute TRX session that completely kicked my butt and my HRM said I burned right around 600 calories. My program had a lot of squats and lunges that definitely got my HR up.

That said, HRMs are not all that accurate for weight training, which I imagine includes TRX. I would not personally base my calorie intake on what a HRM says, especially during strength work.
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    oh right, i am going to get a HRM for my workouts, so should i not bother using them for circuits?
  • nickyuk78
    Options
    Yes agreed Shannon.. we do quite a few Bupees in our TRX work outs .. lots and lots of squats and Lunges.. and also Biking,mountain climbers etc.. God I love TRX. what a great feeling once you have finished the class :)

I was wondering as I see you have lost loads of weight.. do you eat all your calories including food and or workout calories ?

I have been on this program 20 days and only lost 2.4lbs :( which dropped off right away!
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Dont for get that there are a lot of factors that influence how many calories you burn during any exercise. Age, gender, weight, fitness level, max heart rate...

I can even tell a VAST difference between the cals I burn now and what I would have burned six months ago when I was heavier and out of shape (unfortuntely I now only burn about 2/3rds of what I did then!!)

So be wary about asking others without at least getting some useful information that might make results comparable.
  • nickyuk78
    Options
    I started at 177 .. over a year ago.. I am now 133.4LBS
    I am 5"'1
    I am 34 years old this year ..
    Oh female :)

Started in a size 12 Canadian now in a size 6 Canadian.

Just want to get into the 120's seems like a long long road ..lol
  • nickyuk78
    Options
    Thanks for all the helpful advice.. I hope they will add this to the list of work outs on the Iphone ap :)
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,248 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Two of my 60 minute programs are TRX (yellow and black band from a anchor in the celling) I am trying to figure out what the calories would be for the total Hour.. I am currently putting Circuit (General) for a hour which is giving me 400+ plus calories.. I don't want to dip in to some of these unless I know for sure.. I would love to know a rough gadge of what I am burning.. I work out a total of five days with three days of Trim and Tone its a circuit style class, so I think I am covered in the options listed for that. except from the TRX (Total-body Resistance exercise).. I tried to write on the ap but will not allow be to review the ap :(

Please Help !

400 plus is probably not out of line especially if you feel you were working hard, say 7-9 effort on a scale of 1-10.