Green tea

vickyclare96
vickyclare96 Posts: 124 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi there,
I recently bought a small pack of Tetley green tea pure, because i have heard on here that it's good for me i don't know how :embarassed: I dislike the taste but if it's good for you i will considering drinking it.. Please help me out.. how does it help us?
Vicky :flowerforyou:

Replies

• LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Add a slice of lemon and sweetner of you choice...........

For me, I use stevia. and a slice of lemon..........YUMMY!!!
  • LeanLioness
    It is also good with a mint leaf floating on top and a bit of raw honey.
  • byHisgrace
    byHisgrace Posts: 175
    I make green mint sun tea and my family LOVES it. I place 6 green tea bags in a sun tea pitcher, cold water and a handful of mint from my garden and let the sun work it's magic. It's amazing and the mint sweetens and flavors it enough for us to not need anything else in it.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    green tea is a bit of an acquired taste. I personally prefer a jasmine green tea. It's more fragrant and lighter tasting.
    I never add any sweetner or lemon, but taste is personal.

I gave up my espresso for green tea and felt much better for it.
  • vickyclare96
    vickyclare96 Posts: 124 Member
    How does it help me :huh:
  • LeanLioness
    How does it help me :huh:

Green tea like other teas are full of anti-oxidants.....................

Also, it helps boost the metabolism and shed fat weight.
  • LeanLioness
    Other health benefits of green tea are the following:

• fights against cancer

• helps stabilize diabetes

• prevents cardiovascular disease

• it keeps your skin acne-free, making it healthier and prettier

• assists in weight loss regimen

• slows the aging process

• aids your digestion

• encourages bowel regularity

• provides you with a mild stimulating effect without causing sleepless nights or nervousness especially during pregnancy
  • XFitMojoMom
    From Skinny B*tch, Page 16

A much better way to start the day is with a cup of caffeine-free herbal tea -- organic, of course. Decaffeinated green tea is like a wonder drug. Its anti-aging and antibacterical qualities are as renowned as in its reputation for fighting cancer, combating allergies, and lowering blood pressure. Go to a coffeehouse, if you must. Just get a decaf organic herbal tea instead of coffee."
  • jmuniz00
    jmuniz00 Posts: 9
    This is the list of benefits of green tea...

1. It is used to treat multiple sclerosis.
    2. It is used for treatment and prevention of cancer.
    3. It is used to stop Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases.
    4. It is used to raise the metabolism and increase fat oxidation.
    5. It reduces the risk of heart diseases and heart attacks by reducing the risk of trombosis.
    6. It reduces the risk of esophageal cancer.
    7. Drinking green tea inhibits the growth of certain cancer cells, reduces the level of cholesterol in blood, improves the ratio of good cholesterol to bad cholesterol.
    8. It is used to treat rheumatoid arthritis and cardiovascular diseases
    9. It is used to treat impaired immune function.
    10. Some researches show that, drinking green tea regularly may help prevent tooth decay by killing the bacteria which causes the dental plaque.

http://www.healthmad.com/Alternative/10-Great-Benefits-of-Drinking-Green-Tea.93407
  • LeanLioness
    I make green mint sun tea and my family LOVES it. I place 6 green tea bags in a sun tea pitcher, cold water and a handful of mint from my garden and let the sun work it's magic. It's amazing and the mint sweetens and flavors it enough for us to not need anything else in it.

I think I need to go by a sun- tea container and start letting nature take its course!!!

That sounds fantastic, better than the way I drink it............
  • Make sure you don't over steep it - it can be gross if it's too strong. It should be a pale yellow colour.
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Make sure you don't over steep it - it can be gross if it's too strong. It should be a pale yellow colour.

She is right. It gets REALLY bitter. In hot water, it should only take 2-3minute to steep max. Also, try steeping a large glass with one green tea bag and one mint tea bag. The mint adds a subtle sweetness that is really nice.
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    I am in the same boat as Vicky, I don't care for the taste of tea at all. I have also read how green tea is beneficial so I broke down and bought a bottle of Lipton Diet Green Tea with citrus. I am tolerating it because of the benefits. My question is this the same as natural green tea? Am I getting benefits from it?

Thanks,
  • XFitMojoMom
    watch the sugar content of those prepared drinks.
  • Pneko
    Pneko Posts: 9
    I was all ways curious about this. Thanks for all the info peeps. I have always loved tea and now I feel like I can get more use of of drinking it.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Don't add anything to it. I HATED...despised...detested green tea when I first started drinking it (having never been a tea drinker...or coffee for that matter), but now I truly enjoy a cup of green tea in the evenings. It has an added benefit of curbing your appetite which is a nice little bonus.

It really will grow on you.

______

It supposedly has all kinds of good benefits for your health...everything from cancer prevention to cardiovascular health.
This discussion has been closed.