Hello from the midwest

Options
Hi everyone,
This is my first day on the website and so far I think it's great. I just hope I can keep with it. I find that I am more motivated to work out and lose weight when I have fitness buddies. So I'm hoping some of you can help me out there.
A little about myself:

I am 24 and my most recent motivating moment was when I went to the doctor and the scale hit 177. I am only 5'2" and I don't like that number at all. I've tried multiple times, and I usually end up sick (poor immune system) and once I'm better I've lost my motivation and groove I had been in.

My other issue with success it seems is that I don't have a lot of time to set aside for exercise or making healthy foods. Currently I am working part time, going to school full time, and planning a wedding. Meals are sort of what's closest when I feel like I'm starving. So I know its not healthy at all.

I think it's obvious that my biggest motivation is to lose weight by my wedding. I already have a dress and I need to be able to fit into it and feel like I look beautiful while wearing it. Ideally I'd like to lose between 40 and 50 lbs before May 2013.

Any tips are welcome.

Jen

Replies

• ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You can add me as a friend if you like. Stay with us every day and you will be a beautiful bride next year. Although your pic is beautiful already. Good Luck to you
  • cel32402
    cel32402 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    welcome! feel free to add me if you like. i'm currently trying to juggle getting healthy with a full-time student schedule and part-time job that is quickly becoming a full-time job :) I think you can definitely reach your goal by next May!
  • nickyeatrunread
    nickyeatrunread Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hey from Ohio! I'm also a full-time student just trying to work in weight-loss with all my school work! I'm hoping to lose the rest of this weight pre-engagement ideally, so I won't have to stress about it anymore. Feel free to add me!
  • AutumnSkye10
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You can add me as a friend if you like. Stay with us every day and you will be a beautiful bride next year. Although your pic is beautiful already. Good Luck to you

Thank you. I will admit that is a very old picture of me... o.O
  • AutumnSkye10
    Options
    Hey from Ohio! I'm also a full-time student just trying to work in weight-loss with all my school work! I'm hoping to lose the rest of this weight pre-engagement ideally, so I won't have to stress about it anymore. Feel free to add me!

Thank you! Request sent.
  • AutumnSkye10
    Options
    welcome! feel free to add me if you like. i'm currently trying to juggle getting healthy with a full-time student schedule and part-time job that is quickly becoming a full-time job :) I think you can definitely reach your goal by next May!

Thank you! Its great to see someone else pretty much in the same boat as me! Request sent. :)
  • kittymoney
    kittymoney Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You can add for a buddy from the midwest as well
  • earnjr8fan
    Options
    I am also from the Midwest. I joined the site some time back, but I have just started using it regularly this week. I am also tired of seeing the high numbers on the scale. It is hard for me to find time to workout since I teach and have 2 children. I also drive to work 35 miles one way. I have begun walking during my lunch break to help get myself motivated. I am also trying really hard to eat healthier and take smaller portions. I wish you the best of luck.