New here & exercises XD

Options
Hi! My names Nikki, and I would really like some support and people to talk to! haha. I give up super easily... But hey! Thats what this is all for :)
Also! I was wondering what exercises are good for losing my top layer of belly fat?

Replies

• marmar8302
    Options
    I totally understand the whole giving up super easily :) Ive always come across some excuse in the past, and then one day turns into two, two turns into a week, and so forth. I love MFP cause it makes keeping track of things super easy. Plus its nice to watch the pounds melt away :) Add me if you would like! My name is Marran (from MN)
  • Myles_D23
    Myles_D23 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Well good job for stepping up for your health. I've been here for a month and the community has been pretty cool. However got t watch out for the creepo's but I guess every social site has em.

The hardest part to do in the beginning is stick with recording your calories. But once you get the hang of a routine its simple. I've lost 23lbs so far. Trust me if I can, you can
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Hi! My names Nikki, and I would really like some support and people to talk to! haha. I give up super easily... But hey! Thats what this is all for :)
    Also! I was wondering what exercises are good for losing my top layer of belly fat?

Hi Nikkilove2013. A body starts in the kitchen. Aim to eat healthy and don't deprive yourself of anything that you like to eat. The food pyramid is a good thing to follow. Moderation and portion control is the key. The more intense your workouts become, the more you should eat.

You can't spot reduce, but you can spot tone. Do cardio to lose fat. Cardio/strength is good as well. I prefer it over solo strength training. Try Tae Bo.

I want suggest a Tae Bo workout that you can incorporate into your workout routine that can help you tone up your abdomen. You can buy this workout at Walmart, Target, Collagevideo.com, Amazon.com. If you buy it online. It's cheaper on Amazon.com.

You can view the workout on Collagevideo.com. Your local library might carry it.

Tae Bo Insane Abs:

http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/billy-blanks-tae-bo-insane-abs-5939
  • nikkilove2013
    Options
    Thank you!!! I think I will go check it out once I need to start toning up :D
  • spapsidero
    Options
    I know how u feel. I am notorious for giving up. Especially when I don't get quick results. I'm also targeting my stomach. I've been following dr oz's advice. He says the supplement CLA is good to get rid of belly fat. I've been using it for 2 weeks and I have already lost 3 inches around my hips. My stomach is smaller. Still got a way to go. But it's progress. There is also a breakfast he said to eat 5 days of the week. It's a whole wheat English muffin toasted with a drizzle of olive oil, a poached egg(I don't really know how to do this so I just fry mine with cooking spray), Swiss cheese and avocado. With tomatoes on the side. It's actually pretty good.