over the counter vegan cosmetics??

Options
I never really thought about the cruelty of animals when purchasing cosmetics or other bathroom products.... but now I have seen the light... just wondering what you all use.... I heard St. Ives is vegan??

Replies

• AimeeCofer
    Options
    bump
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I know Lush sells vegan products and if it's not vegan, it's vegetarian. They also claim to be against testing ingredients and finished products on animals so they may be a good choice for soaps/shampoo/bath bombs etc...and they all smell sooooo good :)
  • DarthNox
    Options
    If you have a whole foods or health food store near you, the can help direct you to some great brands. Also, you can go to peta's website and check their cosmetics list!
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    animal-testing.jpg

**not sure if accurate**
  • DanielleDavids
    DanielleDavids Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    St. Ives is kind of scary. It contains a lot of chemicals/fillers that aren't necessary. I know it's not over-the-counter but Arbonne products are natural and vegan. I love them!
  • cbaughman07
    cbaughman07 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the info on here and lists, i also have lately been looking at ingredients cause i found lots of makeup (even brands like clinique) are using really bad ingredients like lead and such so watch for that too :) foundation is horrible and some eye liners and shadows!! if it gets absorbed into the skin try and make sure it doesnt have all those bad chemicals