HELP! Want to lose inches of belly fat.

Options
I have started my weight loss journey in December of 2011 and I have lost 16 pounds and I joined a month ago. I noticed that while I am losing weight I am not really losing any inches around my stomach. I do Zumba 3 times a week and an ab work out a couple times a week. Do you guys have any tips? Thanks!!!!!

Replies

• carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Just keep up the good work! You can't spot reduce. It will come off in time. Maintain a calorie deficit and incorporate strength training (preferably heavy resistance--deadlifts, squats).
  • lilojoke
    lilojoke Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Just keep up the good work! You can't spot reduce. It will come off in time. Maintain a calorie deficit and incorporate strength training (preferably heavy resistance--deadlifts, squats).

^^ Ditto!
  • triplejay1
    triplejay1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel most of the fat (lost 24lbs) I have lost is on my legs, *kitten*, face, and neck. Only a small portion of it has been from around my belly and love handles. We just have to be patient, it will come off eventually if you just keep plugging at it.
  • lilojoke
    lilojoke Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    When I first started to lose weight the first body part to get lean were my feet even though there was something blocking me from seeing them! My belly was the last to go!
  • look1angel
    Options
    Well shucks! All I need to do is lose my belly fat. I wonder if it's an age thing too? I'm 51 & other than a few more wrinkles I really want to lose this fat! I was 105lbs back in 2004 (major, major stress) I'm 133 now & feel like it's all in my belly. I swear if I don't lose this flab soon I'm going to the Dr & have him take care of it. I've been on my Body by Vi shakes for a week now, began walking & keep my calories at 1300. When can I begin to see some results?

Best of luck to all :)
  • Tshuggah42
    Options
    Run!