This is it... I want to live!

Options
Hey everyone, my name is Nikki and I'll be 45 next Friday. I have a lot of work to do on this journey and I've been struggling for awhile. I live in NS, Canada and I work in healthcare. I have a LOT of weight to lose, ideally over 200lbs+. I have a lot of other stuff to lose too, stuff that I think I have been hiding under the weight... so my journey begins (again). Would love to have some support friends. Wishing you all the best of luck on your personal journeys. Cheers, Nikki

Replies

• tina9988
    tina9988 Posts: 369
    Options
    Welcome Nikki, you can do it! Once you lose the stuff you've been hiding under the weight, the lbs. will start coming off! You can add me as a friend if you like. You got this!
  • miss_september
    Options
    You can add me to if you'd like, we all need encouragement now and then!
  • HatFullOfCrazy
    HatFullOfCrazy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi Nikki! I'm 35 and clinging desperately to the weight-loss wagon for about the billionth time myself. I'd be happy to be part of your support system. I'm sure as you work through your "stuff" the weight will come off and you'll feel strong, proud and healthy.

You can do this! GO YOU!
    (And you other responders too!)
  • cbbn11
    cbbn11 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Welcome Nikki,
    Feel free to add me if you like.
  • Jennyzfit
    Jennyzfit Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the greatest tool to have for a food diary. You can monitor your nutrient levels and just by doing that you'll be able to make great choices. Cheers to your journey and hard work. You can add me if you like. Oh! I'm a Canadian too and live in Alberta!
    :D
    Jenny
  • JuJu3312
    JuJu3312 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Nikki, You are not alone. I too have a lot of weight to lose. I have 140+ pounds to lose. I am beginning AGAIN!! I have given up on counting the number of times I promise myself I am going to do better at taking care of myself, address my issues to just find myself loading up on ice cream and cake because I am stressed out or dealing with issues. If you are like me, you know exactly what you need to do, but finding the want to and caring enough about yourself tends to be put on the back burner. We can do this. Look forward to seeing your posts and your learning to love yourself. You are worth it! No one can take care of us, but us. Let's do it. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    welcome! We are here to together on this journey! Take it one day at a time... I wish much luck!
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I too have a lot of stuff I've been working through on my journey to lose weight that is not weight related!!! May I suggest an awesome read: Made to Crave by Lysa Terkeurst!!!

Feel free to add me. My friends say I'm motivational but I learn from all of them!!!
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Welcome and anyone feel free to add me from this thread. I'm here every day!

oxoxo
    Bevy ♥
  • hollin40
    hollin40 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! Feel free to add me as well!
  • cindycoley19
    cindycoley19 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the journey!
  • iheartfruits
    iheartfruits Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    hi guys, ive used this app on my phone for a couple of weeks but never ventured to the online facility. i hope this service will help me shed the KGs i do not want !!! good luck to you all. add me or whatever ! :)
  • lroutt65
    lroutt65 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Nikki,

I had a lot of weight to lose and I am still on my journey for weight loss. Since getting on here I have lost around 50 pounds and have about 30 or 40 more pounds to go. However, when I first started my journey I had to lose 150lbs. All together with this site and on my own I have lost 110 pounds. I definitely know my ups and downs that I went through to lose this kind of weight and the baggage that kept it on for all those years. I would love to be a part of your support group. The first thing that comes to mind is take one day at a time and don't beat yourself up if you indulge once in a while. I would always count the months it would take me to lose weight and if my body didn't lose the weight I predicted I would get upset and quit. I finally gave up the guilty feelings when I didn't meet my exact goal. I just kept on my journey (of course I threw the scale once in a while) and now I am feeling the rewards. This is a journey that will continue for the rest of your life even when you lose all your weight. Make sure you can live with the foods you choose to eat while on this journey. You can do it and you will do it! I will send a friend request.
  • SexyJaye
    SexyJaye Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    We hear you. No matter what, don't give up. Success don't come easy, but you will get there one day do long you are committed. Stay with us here and we will all get there together. :)

You can add me if you want. :)
  • HeidiRene
    HeidiRene Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hi! The beginning is always so HARD. I just started too. Add me if u want. :-)
  • StatHaldol
    StatHaldol Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Welcome! There are a lot of helpful, nice people here!
  • spookie10
    Options
    Hi Nikki...I am in NS and also worked in healthcare. I have had several surgeries in the past few yrs; gained a lot of weight and have a lot of work ahead of me. My goal is to walk 10k in Bluenose marathon ...hopefully May 2013. I had surgery 6 weeks ago (new hip) and anxious to get moving and get fit. It is a job to keep motivated when the tasks seems so but we all have to start somewhere. I had open heart surgery 2 yrs ago to fix a congenital defect. Life is full of surprises and challenges ...thankfully we get to make choices most of the time.

“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.”

Glenna
  • irishasian05
    irishasian05 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Seeing the progress all of you made is so inspirational! Good luck, Nikki! (And I hope you guys don't mind if I add you, too!) I don't think there's any such thing as too much support!
  • deniseselah
    deniseselah Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi Nikki and welcome! Just sent you a friend request. I have found so many supportive people on here! :smile:
  • CHUBBYLOVLEY
    CHUBBYLOVLEY Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Welcome Nikki! I also work in healthcare I have about 140 to lose I've already lost 30! feel free to add me