Waist Bands

Options
Does anyone use those waist bands that are made of rubber or some material like rubber when working out? I'm probably describing them bad but they are those bands you put around your waist to make you sweat more when you work out.

Replies

• addisondisease2
    addisondisease2 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Its a gimmick, weight loss doesn't work like that. And sweat isn't directly connected with fat burn, if it was then sitting in a sauna would make you skinny (which it doesn't)
  • momof2_0710
    momof2_0710 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I have one and I love it! Yes it makes you sweat more but for me I use it to keep my abs in. Do you know what I mean? When I do Jillian's workout she always say to keep your abs in not out. so for me this kind of an easier way for me to do just that. hope this helps
  • zafferFL
    zafferFL Posts: 402
    Options
    I have one and I love it! Yes it makes you sweat more but for me I use it to keep my abs in. Do you know what I mean? When I do Jillian's workout she always say to keep your abs in not out. so for me this kind of an easier way for me to do just that. hope this helps

That is defeating the purpose, you are supposed to be using your muscles for that, not external help
  • sugar280zx
    Options

That is defeating the purpose, you are supposed to be using your muscles for that, not external help

for some women who have been pregnant there is a condition that occurs causing separation in connective tissue that holds the abs together (I can't remember what the condition is called) and in those cases it is recommended that a woman use a support for her abs to prevent any extra damage. those belts are actually good in this case to help her protect and build the strength in those abs.
  • zafferFL
    zafferFL Posts: 402
    Options

for some women who have been pregnant there is a condition that occurs causing separation in connective tissue that holds the abs together (I can't remember what the condition is called) and in those cases it is recommended that a woman use a support for her abs to prevent any extra damage. those belts are actually good in this case to help her protect and build the strength in those abs.

I'm sorry, I should have said "that is defeating the purpose... for everyone except for women who have been pregnant with a specific condition"

better?

:)
  • sugar280zx
    Options
    I'm sorry, I should have said "that is defeating the purpose... for everyone except for women who have been pregnant with a specific condition"

better?

:)
    [/quote]

lol! i didn't mean to sound like i was chastising you or anything. just pointing out a little known fact :)
  • SwimKitty
    SwimKitty Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    It's called diastasis recti.- separation of the rectus abdominis muscle.

I wear one when gardening. I have SIJD, which causes low back pain. The belt keeps my lower back nice and warm when I'm out digging, bending over, planting, etc. I use it frequently, and have not noticed any difference in my abdominal fat whatsoever. It does help to remind me to engage my abdominal muscles during activity, so it might have an indirect benefit. .
  • dport7
    dport7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I use waist bands and a sauna suit. I know it is said its useless, although I drink over a gallon of water each day. It works out through the pours, cleansing them. I have used the three together for months now and my skin is much healthier, no skin tags, only had two and no rough spots, so I say use them, If it works for you.