Starting over....

Options
Good evening everyone:)

I first found this app and online site about 3 weeks ago. My first week went GREAT!!! It really helped me knowing my limits considering I've never counted calories in my life before. After my awesome first week things started going down hill. It all started with my birthday, then Valentine's day, followed my some health issues which I've started doctoring with, I pretty much need to start over. No more excuses!!!

Has anyone else been in this boat?

BTW~ I'm also very interested in meeting new people who encourage, support and motivate.

<3 Jenny

Replies

• HatFullOfCrazy
    HatFullOfCrazy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've been yo-yo dieting for about 15 years. I always start out really strong and then lose my resolve because there's a holiday, or stress, or school or work or (insert random excuse here). There's always something to shove me off track and it's really hard to get back on. I recently started logging back in after several months of stress/school/holiday/birthdays and am trying really hard to keep myself in check!

So, you are not alone. And I would be happy to help you stay motivated!
  • nenar77
    nenar77 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yes! I have stumbled many times and sure there will be more. But...When I look at the bigger picture: I am no longer a medication controlled diabetic, I no longer have leg swelling issues, and my skin is improving alot! I'm a nurse that is on her feet all day and enjoy sweets. This is my second month and am enjoying all of the support. I stumble, own it, and get back in gear:) Welcome!
  • bassanne
    Options
    I really get the EXCUSE theory. I find alot of EXCUSES. But this site has made me aware of what I'm doing, and you can only lie to yourself for so long.
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I started last Jan 2011 and was very faithful for 6 months and lost 45lbs I felt awesome and I let it go to my head. Ive gained 20lbs back and I am back here. Feel free to add me! good luck its hard but you CAN do it!
  • babytis
    babytis Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I've been yo-yo dieting for about 15 years. I always start out really strong and then lose my resolve because there's a holiday, or stress, or school or work or (insert random excuse here). There's always something to shove me off track and it's really hard to get back on. I recently started logging back in after several months of stress/school/holiday/birthdays and am trying really hard to keep myself in check!

So, you are not alone. And I would be happy to help you stay motivated!

I agree with you totally. It's always so hard getting back on track after a slip. I'll have one good week followed by 2-3 bad weeks :( I really need to end this behavior...... I'm here ready to give my full support to others just as I am here to take what I need to move forward. I know we can do it!!
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I did the yo-yo diet on and off for 10 years, I suddenly realized that i had to make true lifestyle changes. I started watching my diary and exercising and the weight is coming off and i feel better than i have in years. Im officially done with dieting forever.
  • freebirdsnsc
    freebirdsnsc Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I too have a history of losing and gaining.....In Aug of 2010 I bloomed up to 310 lbs the most I have EVER WEIGHED.. I felt HORRIBLE and looked worse.....Last year I lost 60 lbs was looking and feeling great....I stayed sick pretty much all of last summer and ended up in the hospital for a week with a severe kidney infection. I felt bad for a while and of course used it as an excuse not to walk next thing I know Im nibbling here and there Before I knew It I had gained 30lbs back.......Ive now lost 9 of those 30lbs......My advice is take one day at a time. Set small goals I always tell myself every morning. All I have to do is make it until bed time....I spend 30min to and hour every day walking I also bought a band with handles to use to build muscle ( I also have free weights)..................Its working.....the most wonderful thing about waking up each morning is realizing its a chance to make a fresh start:)
  • babytis
    babytis Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I too have a history of losing and gaining.....In Aug of 2010 I bloomed up to 310 lbs the most I have EVER WEIGHED.. I felt HORRIBLE and looked worse.....Last year I lost 60 lbs was looking and feeling great....I stayed sick pretty much all of last summer and ended up in the hospital for a week with a severe kidney infection. I felt bad for a while and of course used it as an excuse not to walk next thing I know Im nibbling here and there Before I knew It I had gained 30lbs back.......Ive now lost 9 of those 30lbs......My advice is take one day at a time. Set small goals I always tell myself every morning. All I have to do is make it until bed time....I spend 30min to and hour every day walking I also bought a band with handles to use to build muscle ( I also have free weights)..................Its working.....the most wonderful thing about waking up each morning is realizing its a chance to make a fresh start:)

Back in Sept of 2001 I weighed in at 223.5. Slow but sure over time I lost about 65 pounds. Most of which I lost in 2004/2005. I quit going to the gym and gained about 15 pounds. Then I quit smoking and gained another 15-20. I remember vowing to myself I wouldn't ever let myself weigh over 200 again. Well I did creep just over 200 eventually:( Right now I'm weighing in at 192 and I'd really like to get back around 173 before my riding season. No diets allowed here! This is a lifestyle change.
  • toniachoi
    Options
    Been there and done that! It's SO easy to slip up and mess up, but you're on the right track!
  • mmamanidis
    mmamanidis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i have defiantely been on this boat a few times in fact. I'm now undertaking a personal challenget with Contous gym in my local area and found this app which i think is great monitoring tool and keeping me in line it's still my first week so we'll see how i go. i joined the forum for additional motivation and to liaise with other people undertaking similar goals and challenges in their weight loss fitness journey.
  • montynurse
    montynurse Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow nurse nenr77!

How do you calculate the exercise for the days you are on shift? I work on a very busy floor and feel like I am doing a ton of aerobics and would like to track those nights as exercise nights. Good luck with the weight loss; although for me, it is not weight loss but more like a lifestyle thing. I love to eat and refuse to starve myself and give up food.
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    you are in the right place .. you can do it .. feel free to add if you want
  • bnadinea
    Options
    I've done different things over the years and after years of a job traveling I pretty much am 50 over what I should be weighing (to feel at my best). About six months ago I joined the fitness center and worked out but didn't change my eating habits. Then I got sick in November and we had a family tragedy, Christmas came and went and a friend told me about this site. She's had great success and I'm hoping to, also.

I like to cruise but don't gorge. I'm going soon and hoping to hold my own and count calories as I won't have access to the website while I'm gone. I've been on this plan for 10 days and hoping to have more pounds down by weigh in. I do weigh myself every day but I don't record it online except once a week now. Was driving myself crazy.

I feel like it's a brand new day every day. This site has helped me more than anything I've used in the past. Good luck to us all! :-)