Need Health-ish Chinese Food Option??

Options
Hi All,

I think I am going to lunch tomorrow, and probably for Chinese food. Does anyone have any suggestions for healthier options that are still yummy? I will caution, I DO NOT LIKE any of the chicken dishes that come with the white sauce (I won't even mention what it reminds me of...), But otherwise, I am not too picky. I know sodium can be an issue too, so if there is any miracle Chinese dish that does not have 3 days worth of sodium, that would be great too!!!

Thanks!!!! :)

Replies

• issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    The restaurant we go to has chicken lettuce wraps--you could ask if they have those.
  • Dahavol
    Options
    The beef and broccoli can be alright as long as it isn't pan fried with tons of oil. Otherwise, just stick with green veggies, lean meats and cool it on the rice or noodle intake and it won't be too bad.
  • shadyridr
    Options
    I love steamed chicken and veges with brown rice and throw some hot sauce on it!. Just dont eat the whole thing of rice.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I think I am going to lunch tomorrow, and probably for Chinese food. Does anyone have any suggestions for healthier options that are still yummy? I will caution, I DO NOT LIKE any of the chicken dishes that come with the white sauce (I won't even mention what it reminds me of...), But otherwise, I am not too picky. I know sodium can be an issue too, so if there is any miracle Chinese dish that does not have 3 days worth of sodium, that would be great too!!!

Thanks!!!! :)

Get something steamed. Have you ever tried the steamed whole fish? How about the hargow shrimp dumplings. Potstickers are actually good choice as well.

Load up on the veggies and you'll be fine. Go easy on the rice.
  • dmouse0225
    Options
    I can't say I have ever ordered anything steamed.... But I probably will tomorrow! Thanks for the suggestions! I am getting hungry.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    lettuce wraps, steamed veggies, steamed veggie dumplings!
  • JeanniebeanL79
    JeanniebeanL79 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I love getting steamed chicken with vegetables and brown rice with garlic sauce on the side. Or even shrimp with lobster sauce isn't bad with brown rice. In moderation you can get what you really want. I also love string beans from the chinese restaurants! Good luck and enjoy!
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Steamed pork dumplings, and steamed chicken/veggies with garlic or ginger sauce! yum!
  • 2012party
    Options
    One of my favorites is the Skewered Chicken. It's usually dark meat, with a light, slightly sweet, soy-teriyaki flavor. Generous portions, and found in the Appetizer section of your typical Chinese carry out. It's a great option by itself, or as a protein addition to another dish.
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I get the pepper steak...it comes with onions and bell pepper. I just eat a little of the fried rice that comes on the side.