P90X Challenge! Starting 2.27.12!!

Options
I've tried to stay committed to the program in the past but always get discouraged some way or another. This time I will take pics, no matter how embarrassed they make me feel. That will be my motivation in the future. I have seen many other pictures in the forums and it just helps to motivate a person.

Hopefully many others will join this topic and do it with me so we can motivate and challenge each other to work harder.

Replies

• toddmatchison
    toddmatchison Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Same boat here. I actually found a guy that I used to work with that lost over 100lbs and is now running marathons like they're nothing!!

I have started and stopped P90x more times than I like to admit, but with my 20 year reunion coming up this year, I've got 6 months to get in shape!! It's great to have a goal that you're reaching for, but I've had goals in the past that just came and went. Finding someone that you are accountable to makes it so much better and really helps keep you on track!

I had actually targeted 2/27 to be my start date too...so let's get it going!!
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Are we doing this in a thread or in a group?
  • JCN_1103
    Options
    I've started and stopped twice already. Today is actually the first day of the third attempt.
  • theonly1iknow
    theonly1iknow Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I just started p90x yesterday, if you don't mind can i join in too? i'm following the Lean schedule, having watched most of the dvds yesterday i think classic might be a bit too hard just now.

edit: spelling
  • hilarysgiants
    hilarysgiants Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Do you have the "schedule" that women are supposed to follow for the Lean program? I can't find my list.
  • Samanthabrinton
    Options
    I'm in =) I need my booty in shape!!
  • Willowy_Jen
    Willowy_Jen Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Great Todd! Hopefully we can all be in shape and looking good for that reunion.

Kit_Katty, I just started the tread but if you want a group I'm open to the idea.

JCN_1103, Great! Hope to hear about your progress to help keep us all motivated and hope we can help you get further in this attempt as well.

Theonly1iknow, Everyone is welcome to join! I am starting mine on the 27th as I don't think that I would keep up with the calendar if I were to start in the middle of the week.

Hilarysgiants, I am planning on following the Lean guide and then after that start p90x over again with classic or doubles. If you send me your email in a private message I can send you the guide I have in a pdf version.
  • Willowy_Jen
    Options
    Great! The more the merrier!
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Kit_Katty, I just started the tread but if you want a group I'm open to the idea.

I was just thinking a group might be easier, multiple threads with questions and motivations and whatnot. Even a thread per week or DVD... just a thought.

I've never done this before, I just bought it yesterday and actually haven't even had a chance to go through the package yet! So I don't know which program I'll be following. But I do think that starting with other people might really be helpful!
  • Willowy_Jen
    Options

I was just thinking a group might be easier, multiple threads with questions and motivations and whatnot. Even a thread per week or DVD... just a thought.

I've never done this before, I just bought it yesterday and actually haven't even had a chance to go through the package yet! So I don't know which program I'll be following. But I do think that starting with other people might really be helpful!

Sounds like a good idea, getting started on making a group. Will invite you all when its up!
  • Willowy_Jen
    Options
    All of you should have received an invite. Anyone else wishing to join is welcome as well.
    Here is the link to the group:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3528-p90x-challenge-2-27-12
  • shazer7
    Options
    I started yesterday for like the 10th time. Could I get in on the Challenge. Good way to stay motivated?
  • jjstaten
    jjstaten Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I've started and stopped several times. I really want to bring it this time. I think i'm going to go with the lite program this go round and hopefully stick with it. Looking forward to partnering with ya'll on this journey. Feel free to add me.
  • Willowy_Jen
    Options
    I started yesterday for like the 10th time. Could I get in on the Challenge. Good way to stay motivated?

Of course! Every one is welcome and the group is public so anyone is free to join at anytime.
  • ileana84
    ileana84 Posts: 163
    Options
    Hey there!! I would love to join. I havent tried p90x yet but so far it looks killer but lord al mighty, if I need to do this crawling and finish it, I will. :) Going to join the group :)
  • bizchic
    bizchic Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am in!! I actually plan on starting the 26th. This will be my second attempt but the second time is always a charm, lol. I am going to go on vacation this summer and would like to be somewhat comfortable.
  • samanthateal
    Options
    I competed 60 days of this about a year ago. My weight never changed but I could definately tell the difference in how toned I was and in shape I felt. Just what I need for the summer coming up. Can you send me the group request when it is up! :)
  • Yfalcon
    Options
    Awesome! I just join the group :) I actually started today..first cd chest & Back. It was intense :0 but kept pushing myself to do more and not stop. Hopefully in the end of this P90X Journey Im able to do some decent pushups lol..Ill start Monday again with everyone in this group :)
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Do you have the "schedule" that women are supposed to follow for the Lean program? I can't find my list.

The LEAN program was added to appease those that feel that lifting weights will make them bulky.

Please! I beg of you, do the Classic Verison of P90X as it was intended. You will get the best results that way.

Women, on a reduced calorie diet will not gain muscle mass on P90X.

As a guy I have severe difficulty gaining mass on P90X due to the circuit traning nature to the resistance days.

FEAR NOT THE WEIGHTS!
  • Willowy_Jen
    Options

The LEAN program was added to appease those that feel that lifting weights will make them bulky.

Please! I beg of you, do the Classic Verison of P90X as it was intended. You will get the best results that way.

Women, on a reduced calorie diet will not gain muscle mass on P90X.

As a guy I have severe difficulty gaining mass on P90X due to the circuit traning nature to the resistance days.

FEAR NOT THE WEIGHTS!

I'm quite out of shape which is why I am considering the Lean version. Every time I try Classic I end up failing miserably.
    Weights is no fear for me at all lol. Just plan on doing Lean to get fit then move up to Classic and who knows maybe Doubles or P90X2