today is the day

Options
we all know that the word diet is not our favorite - but did you know that using the mindset of going on a diet tends to lead to failure? Like you , I have read MANY weightloss articles, books, etc. And this is a common point (at least to the ones that aren't trying to sell you anything other than the book you were reading).

So I am NOT on a diet ----thank you very much. Because "diet" says that I can fail. Diet says that it is a temporary fix to a very permanent problem like putting a band-aid on a deep, large wound. It just won't work... for long.

I was walking on the treadmill reading a weightloss book --- the book was talking about attitude.Because, c'mon we all know HOW to lose weight: eat healthy and exercise. We aren't dumb and there aren't any BIG secrets. So.... if it is this simple WHY is it sooooooo hard? ATTITUDE. yep. sometimes I even begin by telling myself., "it isn't forever - you can do this for (fill in the blank) weeks."

this is my great quest to change my attitude ....

Replies

• bobbin1
    Options
    All of us on this site I am sure will give you lots of support. Congratulations on the beginning of your journey. Add me as a friend if you like.
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hang out with positive people helps a lot .. you are in the right place .. good luck with your journey ...