I'm new and would love to have some friends

Options
My name is Missy. I am overweight and not proud of it. I am 23 and not living my life to the fullest because of the extra weight I have on me. I signed up a month ago and never took this seriously until I realized I'm the one in my way. So I am taking the steps to improve that side of me that likes to quit. I would love to have some friends to support me and support them in turn. It's hard doing this on my own. And this site has enlightened me. I would love to tell you guys more about me and would enjoy hearing your story.

Replies

• 1rayhamilton
    Options
    I'll add you! I need friends too!
  • kellybib
    Options
    I know this feeling. Since I have started this journey I have had a select few friends that have been FANTASTIC and essential to the loss I have had so far. I think its so much easier having ppl that can relate to you and are going through the same things, It keeps you focused and spurs you on also if your in a tricky spot ppl can help pull you through. Good luck with your new attitude im sure you can do this!
  • TrueBlueBruin78
    TrueBlueBruin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. The hardest part is recognizing what our destructive behaviors are, and sometimes that destructive element is you. But im glad you realized that and good luck with your goals. If there is anything i can help you with, just ask.
  • Daxgyetmhanaak
    Daxgyetmhanaak Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :) I joined about a week ago and like how this system keeps me accountable and would like to meet more people to help keep me motived :) Im a mother of two and have finally decided to quit making excuses. I'd love to offer my support and share in this journey - add me if you like :D
  • hotbod365
    Options
    Hey Missy...I totally hear you. I've had some health issues that stopped me from running and some other things to cause bad habits and gain a lot of weight. Frustrating, and I hold myself back hiding behind the weight. I support you and we can do this! I like this system, but the 'if you ate like this everyday' is not accurate.
  • zoeelizabeths
    zoeelizabeths Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • Charnellj12
    Options
    hello my name is charnell and i just started this..and so far i like this....
  • smallaffair
    Options
    I'll add you! I'm 20 and I could always use some more friends.
  • kelsywells
    Options
    I am fairly recent to this, and have had a terrible week, I will gladly help you through this with messages of support, and would feel great to get some reponses myself too. Take care and keep up the good work all of you...
  • SLN11
    SLN11 Posts: 210
    Options
    Feel free to add me ! :)
  • akiramezu
    Options
    adding :D

i can assist you in any way you want!
  • Ezwoldo
    Ezwoldo Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    You have tackled the biggest hurdle in the realization thet YOU are the only one stopping YOU.
  • Rebecca_Evans1
    Options
    Hey all :) This journey is so much easier for us all when surrounded by like-minded people.

Happy to share the journey with you, to offer support and encouragement where I can.

If you would like to add me, please do so.

Good Luck!
    x
  • ludogx87
    ludogx87 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    hey guys!!!!
    feel free for anyone to add me :)
    im 24 and from glasgow and still want to lose about 35lbs,
    i log daily and everything is public :)
    always looking for new friends

xxx
  • Rosalindgr
    Rosalindgr Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    hi Missy my name is Rosalind I just joined about a 2werks ago, so far I love it. I joined the night crawlers group because I work nights I have recieved lots of tips, encouragement, and support. Losing weight and working nights has been a great challenge me for MFP is helping me. add me if you like.
  • tiggerdug
    tiggerdug Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    ive been off on off on, but making an effort to try and stick to it! Im always looking for tips, and support when i want to reach for the chocolate!
    Would like to have more freinds!
    Im in central Scotland! :smile:
  • definatelydoingit
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am starting today, and aiming for success!! :(