Question about control

Options
TDGee
TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
In your relationship (married or dating), who does the driving when you go places together? (Stolen from the wall of a friend)

In my case, it's me who is compelled to drive. I was in a really bad car crash when I was 18; could have died bad, and since then, I am a very nervous passenger.

Replies

• ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Hubs. Unless he's drunk. in which case, it's me.
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Husband- although I am a better driver. He constantly complains about the way I drive. I'm never going fast enough or taking the correct route or whatever . I don't care how we get there a long as we arrive!
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    My husband does, mostly because I can't afford to waste gas, and he is terrible with directions. The only time I drove somewhere a good distance away, we got lost because he failed to give me any directions at all. Definitely not happening again.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Yep me, everywhere...anywhere we go I get handed the keys.
  • debs_7
    debs_7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me because I'm the only one who has a licence.
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I often drive because I can't stand the way my husband drives. He hates driving so he's fine with it.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I drive as often as possible..and of course if my husband's drinking..I always drive.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    In your relationship (married or dating), who does the driving when you go places together? (Stolen from the wall of a friend)

In my case, it's me who is compelled to drive. I was in a really bad car crash when I was 18; could have died bad, and since then, I am a very nervous passenger.
    I usually do the driving.............unless I'm sleepy.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jennafluff
    Options
    Hubs. Unless he's drunk. in which case, it's me.
    Haha, sounds familiar!!!!!
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    He drives - I navigate. And yes, I love telling him where to go. :laugh:
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    As a motorbike rider, I am really stressed and bored in cars... So I normally hand over the steering wheel as much as possible (I don't like to drive cars basically).
  • kp_88
    kp_88 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I drive, my husband is a horrible driver. I was also in a bad accident, which has made me more nervous to be a passenger.
  • revren10
    revren10 Posts: 116
    Options
    im the chaufeer like in driving miss daisy
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    The OH drives me around. She gets travel sick. I don't. I don't like the smell of sick in the car :laugh:
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    My husband drives; I put on my sun glasses and close my eyes, (so I don't keep doing the "brace for impact" flinch).
    I've done this maneuver since my son learned to drive.
    They tell me I'm so mellow in the car, never ruffled. Little do they know; I've got my eyes Closed!
    (I confessed to my son about the eyes closed and he reaches over now and then to lift my sun glasses and check if they are.)