Everybody Hates Oatmeal

Options
2»

Replies

• maevestewart
    Options
    I <3 Oatmeal!!
    Oatmeal, heaps of berries and yoghurt every morning for breakfast :)
  • Cindylouhenriques
    Options
    I'm the same. I love oatmeal but I feel hungry about an hour after eating it. Mi add nuts for protein but still hungry :(
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm...

I haven't had any oatmeal in quite sometime, but the title of this thread makes me want some. I love McCann's Steel cut oatmeal so much, and this post has inspired me to make some tomorrow for one of my snacks/meals.

I'm going to LOAD it with organic blueberries and strawberries and also add some walnuts and pecans--YUM...thanks for posting this!
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal too, with flaxseed meal or hemp seed or chia....not mushy, either, i like walnuts raisins, pecans what ever I have on hand, I blend it make oatmeal flour and pancakes with it so versatile too!
  • cbaughman07
    cbaughman07 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    thanks for the recipe will try it :) normally if i have oatmeal I add in 1/2 teaspoon all natural peanut butter and 1/2 scoop of chocolate whey protein powder with 1-2 teaspoons 2% milk until i gets to the consistency i like and it is delicious. once in a while ill do honey instead or brown sugar so yummy
  • divinehostess
    divinehostess Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    OMG I would never have thought to add protein powder! Genius.
  • kblu0816
    kblu0816 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    OMG I would never have thought to add protein powder! Genius.

Yeah it's delicious with oatmeal. I have to eat GF and the GF rolled oats are definitely like cardboard haha so I use protein powder and a little bit of nutella or stevia to sweeten it. It's like a hot smoothie once you get the consistency (sp?) right.
  • Rosalindgr
    Rosalindgr Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    oatmeal is one of my comfort foods! my mother used to make it using butter, milk, sugar,and raisins, since im watching my weight I make it only with raisin and a little brown sugar. love it!
  • msespresso
    msespresso Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    The problem with oatmeal is that if I make it, I will eat the whole pot. With sugar. With raisins. With milk. Altogether too much deliciousness. Have not tried eating oatmeal on this 1200 cal diet!

Recipe looks good! Thanks.

For less than 200 calories you can have 1/3 c. of quick oats (cooked with 2/3 c. water), 1/2 Tbs of peanut butter, a Tbs of sugar free syrup (or stevia... whatever your pleasure), & a splash of low fat milk... yum. I add cinnamon and nutmeg to kick it up a notch... Canned pumpkin is also amazing in oatmeal, with pretty much the same add ins as above :happy: I add the pumpkin while it cooks and the pb while it is warm. (I'm lazy and cook my oatmeal in the microwave!)

The link didn't work for me, can someone sum up what was in this confetti oatmeal?
  • XoHolliPopXo
    Options
    I buy the instant oatmeal packets they range from 100-150 calories I believe and I usually pair it with a fruit in the morning anf it lasts me all day and they have all kinds of flavors so you wont ge bored with it and it's poritioned out for you as well.
  • christschild2
    christschild2 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I grew up on oatmeal, cream of wheat and malt-o-meal. I love all of them. When I grew up, I started eating steel cut oats which has a nuttier flavor. It takes about 20 mins. to make but it is worth it. I use almond or coconut milk, pecans, ground flaxseeds, raisins or dried fruit. cinnamon, nutmeg and sometimes a touch of coconut oil. I make just enough for 1 bowl and that is 1/3c oats and 1 cup water. And I almost forgot, a little agave nectar to sweeten.
  • zekenzoey
    Options
    the only way I will tolerate oatmeal is to magically turn it into raisin cookies or granola . . . otherwise cream of wheat rules . . .
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    I love porridge. I have it every morning. What's to hate?
  • margo36
    margo36 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I hate Oatmeal. I think it stems back to my childhood when if you didn't eat a meal it was served up at the next meal until you ate it. I had some monumental battles with my Mother over Oatmeal LOL and still hate to this day and I'm 63 yrs old.
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with cinnamon, sugar and made with evaporated milk!
  • kettrickenx
    kettrickenx Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Oh, I love oatmeal! I prepare it with milk, cinnamon and vanilla.. I sometimes add brown sugar and cheese, it's so delicious!:)
  • Mousumi32
    Options
    I love oatmeal, i add little salt , tomato and spinach to it, it tastes like thick veg soup
  • kryptonitekelly
    kryptonitekelly Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hm plain oatmeal is boring.
    You need to add stuff to it..
  • shukeli
    shukeli Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have oatmeal (or porridge for us Brits) with skimmed (no fat) milk, cranberries, chopped banana and a tsp of honey every weekday morning after the gym, sorts you right out. Weekends are reserved for eggs (scrambled) and bacon (grilled medallions) on wholemeal toast.

I can't wait for tomorrow now!
  • Nuriyan
    Options
    I buy flavored oatmeal from Acme. I buy the Dark Chocolate Flavor, and mix peanut butter with it. It tastes really good!