Hello, Newbie on MFP!!

Options
Hello Everyone!!

I am 34 years old and have 40 pounds to loose. I have 3 kids that I want to be around for in the next 40 years so I know I HAVE to make some changes not that I haven't tried. I have, but then I get discouraged and have not been able to suceed. This has just made me depressed and I have noticed that I have been hiding from people that used to know me just not to feel bad about myself, all I am creating is more low self esteem. So after a very long converstion with myself I decided that I am worth much more than hiding in my house or feeling sorry for myself. I have to do this for me and for my family and a new me will hopefully emerge full of energy and a higher self esteem which will help me improve many other areas in my life as well. I am very excited about my future and about what I want to achieve!!! I want to thank you guys at MFP for having such a wonderful site which is encouraging and informative at the same time, and also to my hopefully new friends at the site your posting have been very inspiring.

Have a wonderful afternoon, everyone!!!

Replies

• hayomar1995
    Options
    Hello Everyone!!

I am 34 years old and have 40 pounds to loose. I have 3 kids that I want to be around for in the next 40 years so I know I HAVE to make some changes not that I haven't tried. I have, but then I get discouraged and have not been able to suceed. This has just made me depressed and I have noticed that I have been hiding from people that used to know me just not to feel bad about myself, all I am creating is more low self esteem. So after a very long converstion with myself I decided that I am worth much more than hiding in my house or feeling sorry for myself. I have to do this for me and for my family and a new me will hopefully emerge full of energy and a higher self esteem which will help me improve many other areas in my life as well. I am very excited about my future and about what I want to achieve!!! I want to thank you guys at MFP for having such a wonderful site which is encouraging and informative at the same time, and also to my hopefully new friends at the site your posting have been very inspiring.

Have a wonderful afternoon, everyone!!!
  • Sinnettfamily
    Sinnettfamily Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome. We are all here to support you in your goal. You can do it. It is a lifestyle change and it takes time, but I know we all can do it here at MFP! :flowerforyou:
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    Weclome:flowerforyou: , it does take time for a lifestyle change and with all the tools here and support we all can do it!
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    Options
    Welcome! I love mfp. The great thing is, that we are all in this together. Best of wishes to you!:flowerforyou:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    WELCOME:flowerforyou:
  • alaskagal
    alaskagal Posts: 326
    Options
    Hello!

Good luck

:flowerforyou:
  • zombiesniper
    Options
    Good Luck this site has cost me 30lbs and I was glad to see it go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    welcome. Lots of support here. You can do it. Also, it does not matter what other people say or think only what you think. :bigsmile:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Welcome - this programme is great - enjoy the journey and mail any time you need support (I'm also on here losing baby weight...) :grumble: .

Take care!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou: You will find plenty of support from some very nice MFPal's and the journal will help you keep track of your food and exercise. Have a nice evening also.:happy:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you!
  • hayomar1995
    Options
    Thank you all for your support!! I know we will all get there.
    Have a wonderful day!!!:flowerforyou:
  • hayomar1995
    Options
    Thank you all for your support!! I know we will all get there.
    Have a wonderful day!!!:flowerforyou: