My weekends are sabatoging my diet! HELP!

Options
Hi! I have found that I can lose up to 1.5 LBS per week during the week. I am very structured and have a good system. I really fall short on the weekends. Here's what my weekend this weekend looks like for example. Any suggestions on how to manage this situation would be appreciated.

First I have to mention that I'm training for a half marathon, so my workouts are very scheduled and this week, I happen to have rest days on Friday and Saturday, with a 4 mile run on Sunday as my only exercise.

Friday night - Dave & Buster's to celebrate my son's birthday
Saturday night - Pizza party for my BFF's daughter's birthday
Sunday night - Fried Chicken with mashed potatoes, gravy, etc. for my son's actual friend birthday party

Sunday night should be the only day I can cheat a little b/c it will be my exercise day, but that is the easiest day for me to just pop something else out of the freezer since the party is at my home.

What do you all do in the above scenario?

TIA!
Amie

Replies

• katzblood
    Options
    maybe look into trying the Spike 84 diet?
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    There are healthy options at Dave and Busters. Research the menu in advance and make a good choice.
    Pizza party - eat 1 slice of pizza.... 2 at the most. Pick one without a lot of meat, mostly veggies. Or just have something else.
    Sunday - eat something else.
    These are all excuses. If you want to lose weight and run a 1/2 marthon, you need to NOT spend your entire weekend eating crap.
    That's about it. LOL.
    :)

Hope you don't take offense. I'm a very straight forward person and just say it like it is.
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    do you really feel good after eating all that in 3 days? i know i don't, i used to be (and still am to some degree) a weekend celebrater....i'd say..oh it's friday, PIZZA! and down half a pizza...then saturday comes, lets go out! now i only do it once a weekend and not every weekend. after feeling like complete and utter crap after eating so much garbage in one weekend, i learned my lesson. i like feeling healthy from eating healthier food. once you get that, you might not do this as much....i don't as much anymore. believe me i like to go out and eat a meal and have fried foods, but it doesnt have to be FRIDAY, SATURDAY AND SUNDAY! one or two meals a weekend is sufficient, and usually i break them in smaller portions so im not eating as much...you can have your cake and eat it too :)

good luck!
  • keystoneman
    Options
    If your losing 1.5 lbs a week and cheating on the weekends I fail to see the problem. I'm the same way - I'm loosing about the same and I do NOT track my food after 5PM on Friday until Monday morning. Through the week I eat a very healthy diet, only drink milk or water, and work out daily. When it comes to Friday Night - Sun Night I don't count calories, I eat whatever I want, and do a little drinking.

If your still losing and able to let loose on the weekend more power to ya! I'm sure not everyone can. If I had to keep to the strict regiment that I do during the week on weekends, I'd go insane.