Whey Protein

Options
Is it ok to take a daily Whey Protein drink even if I don't work out everyday? I workout 6 days a week and do brisk walks almost everyday anyways, but if I take a day off or two, will the Wehy be ok to still take?

Replies

• sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Yes.. There are many benefits from Whey. I make protein shakes on my rest days.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Sure why not? I'd try to make sure that I got most of my nutrients from whole food sources but no harm to do a protein shake even on non workout days!
  • kreat
    kreat Posts: 136
    Options
    Woot Woot..... Good, I'm gonna add that to my breakfast meals...lol
  • huvaro
    Options
    Protein feeds your muscles and you are always using them I do a shake every day and on my workout days I do two I try to do atleast 1gram of protein per body weight on off days and 1.5 on workout days I still manage to stay under 2200 calories and under 65 grams of fat per day most of my fat is in my two table spoons of organic peanut butter and the one egg I mix with my egg whites in the am thats 23 grams of fat I try to stay at 50% protein 20% fat and 30% carbs also on the days you work out you should do your protein post workout within 30 minutes
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    info you were given is almost correct lol

yes you can and should drink protein everyday ONLY if you cant get enough food in you!!! if u had a choice between 2 extra chicken breasts or 2 shakes i would force you to go with chicken! as it releases at a slower rate and body will use it up better! plus it fills you up more when ur in a calorie deficit...

to calculate how much protein you need.. it is NOT 1.5 per lbs of weight.. its 1.5 per LEAN LBS! the fat you ahve on you doesnt need protein to repair itself hehe so now a question may rise.. how do i calculate my lean body mass (LBM).........

lets say 6'2 200lbs 10%BF....
    200lbsx0.10BF=20lbs of fat on the person soooo
    200lbs-20lbs fat=180lbs your LBM!
    then LBMx(1.25 to 2.0) depending how hard, how often, and goal you are training towards.. 1.5 should be plenty in your case if you train hard 5-6 days aweek
  • huvaro
    Options
    I sd o a post workour shake a a shake before bed the shake before bed is casein protein amd the other is 100%.whey I also do 3 meals and 4 snack a day my snacks are greek yogurt 0% plain 1% lowfat cottage cheese oatmeal and a bannana with 2 tbs organic peanut butter in my meals I stick to fish lean beef chicken and turkey
  • EuroDriver12
    Options
    yeh thats good stuff.. thats why i said it was partially right just little info missing like should be from foods if possible (a case where its not possible is when u have like 200LBM n then u gotta eat like 300-400g n u gotta stay in calorie deficit.. or you dont have time to cook the meal)

n the stuff ur eating is good buddie!!

i tried the casein protein n maaaaan is that stuff disgusting lol, doesnt mix well and just bahhh
  • huvaro
    Options
    Lol I dont mind the.casein I hate the cottage cheese might as well hold a gun to my head lol but cant beat 180 calories and 28 grams of protein for a quick snack on the go
  • EuroDriver12
    Options
    Lol I dont mind the.casein I hate the cottage cheese might as well hold a gun to my head lol but cant beat 180 calories and 28 grams of protein for a quick snack on the go

you like yogurt? cottage cheese the same stuff haha when cutting i suck it up n eat it plain.. but when bulking i add some berries, little bit of honey and cinnomen.. tastes godly!
  • huvaro
    Options
    Greek yogurt I love but I cant swallow cottage cheese lol I have the same problem with fetta and blue cheese any others are ok I bought some polaner sugar free strawbery jam its 10 cal per table spoon I use half amd just suck it up and eat it you gotta play to win right lol
  • cPT_Helice
    Options
    info you were given is almost correct lol

yes you can and should drink protein everyday ONLY if you cant get enough food in you!!! if u had a choice between 2 extra chicken breasts or 2 shakes i would force you to go with chicken! as it releases at a slower rate and body will use it up better! plus it fills you up more when ur in a calorie deficit...

to calculate how much protein you need.. it is NOT 1.5 per lbs of weight.. its 1.5 per LEAN LBS! the fat you ahve on you doesnt need protein to repair itself hehe so now a question may rise.. how do i calculate my lean body mass (LBM).........

lets say 6'2 200lbs 10%BF....
    200lbsx0.10BF=20lbs of fat on the person soooo
    200lbs-20lbs fat=180lbs your LBM!
    then LBMx(1.25 to 2.0) depending how hard, how often, and goal you are training towards.. 1.5 should be plenty in your case if you train hard 5-6 days aweek

Yup! I would add that way too many people are doing the protein drinks now just because they go for a walk a few times a week or do some yoga. No!! There is such a thing as too much protein. As the above poster wrote, calculate what you need and then try to get it from natural foods. If you can't (and I can't), then add in the protein shakes.