pretty close to goal...walking to lose weight?

Options
I have read on here people losing weight by walking to Leslie Sansone Walk At Home dvds---but from all the replies they are from people who have a bunch of weight to lose. What about when you are close to your goal weight? I am about 8 lbs away from my goal and was wondering if I could still lose weight by incorporating her dvds? I am doing ChaLean Extreme right now and on her cardio days sometimes I want something a little slower/easier....I have tried a couple of Leslie Sansone Walk At Home dvds, but since they don't really make me sweat I don't feel like it's actually doing anything. Is there anyone close to their goal that is incorporating walking to lose weight?

Are the Leslie Sansone dvds primarily for people with lots to lose?

Replies

• lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    In like 60 minutes I burned 400 calories---according to my HRM while using a Leslie Sansone dvd. BUT since walking for me isn't very strenuous or makes me sweat---should I still eat ALL of my exercise calories back from it? Or should I eat half back?
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    As long as you have an appropriate calorie deficit, you can do what ever you want.

Except for knitting, that made my grandmother fat.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    All that is required for "weight loss" is a calorie deficit. Absolutely, you can lose weight by walking.
  • thatgirl125
    thatgirl125 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    As long as you have an appropriate calorie deficit, you can do what ever you want.

Except for knitting, that made my grandmother fat.

ha wow, this made me giggle. : )
  • catwalking
    Options
    I've been doing Leslie Sansone for years and never had lot of weight to lose. They help keep me in shape and give me energy. Some are more intense than others. If I'm home a lot, I do various tapes during the day to get 5 miles in which is about 10,000 steps.