12 week transformation program, any takers?

Options
I'm starting my cut cycle Monday and doing it by following the Kris Gethin 12 week transformation program. Figure someone else in MFP world could be interested and benefit from it. It will be difficult, it is not an easy fix.

Why I choose this program rather than doing it on my own? There are a lot of different techniques and he also mixes a few good methods from other programs into his. I'm hopping not only to shred all the BF but learn new stuff so I can improve my lifts, increase weights ect.

He will tell you everyday what he will be eating, supplements and you get to see him each day at the gym doing the program himself. This is not for everyone and there's real science behind his method. This is done naturally, you also will eat. I tried the diet plan yesterday and I ate better than I had been. If I had done the cardio (2 sessions of 25 min each) I would had been at a calorie deficit of about 700 to 800 calories.

So he can explain it a whole lot better than I have so here's the link:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kris-gethin-12-week-daily-trainer.html

The only thing he doesn't do that I will be doing is tracking calories so I can learn what it takes for future cycles.

Replies

• Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
    But I am dropping 5 lbs but adding some heavy lifting goals!

My date is April 27th
    GET SUM
  • btdublin
    btdublin Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hey Eayal. I am very interested in this and would love to be involved. 12 weeks now until I get married.
    However it is subject to getting signoff to join new gym (we are saving desperately for the wedding and I am told we can't afford it - working on the missus-to-be over the weekend!).

Programme looks great and similar to what I would have devised. Was just chatting to Matt Wild over on this post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/499179-men-and-women-serious-lifters

He has had excellent results if you see his young mentee here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/body-transformation-bobby-changed-attitude-won-sponsorship.html

I choose not to go overboard with the supplements: thinking of sticking to BCAAs before work outs and a few whey protein meals. + multivits.

Tell me, what sort of daily calories does the suggested diet total per day?
    I am still looking for rapid fat loss (from c.22% down to mid/low teens) rather than cut like you.
    Have been following leangains.com Intermittent Fasting with much success so not sure I will just onto Kris Gethin's diet just yet.
  • eayal002
    eayal002 Posts: 186
    Options
    Hey Eayal. I am very interested in this and would love to be involved. 12 weeks now until I get married.
    However it is subject to getting signoff to join new gym (we are saving desperately for the wedding and I am told we can't afford it - working on the missus-to-be over the weekend!).

Programme looks great and similar to what I would have devised. Was just chatting to Matt Wild over on this post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/499179-men-and-women-serious-lifters

He has had excellent results if you see his young mentee here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/body-transformation-bobby-changed-attitude-won-sponsorship.html

I choose not to go overboard with the supplements: thinking of sticking to BCAAs before work outs and a few whey protein meals. + multivits.

Tell me, what sort of daily calories does the suggested diet total per day?
    I am still looking for rapid fat loss (from c.22% down to mid/low teens) rather than cut like you.
    Have been following leangains.com Intermittent Fasting with much success so not sure I will just onto Kris Gethin's diet just yet.

He doesn't count calories but I ate about the portions he describes and with the supplements yesterday i ended up at around 3,000 calories but I didn't do the cardio. Actually I had bigger portions, he says a fist full I was having full servings of whole wheat pasta and brown rice. I'm thinking I'll be eating 2,500 to 2,700 calories per day but with a 700 calorie deficit after 2 cardio sessions, the workouts you'll be burning through those.
    Also, he travels a few days through out the workout and explains what to do there.
  • eayal002
    Options
    I'm in.
    But I am dropping 5 lbs but adding some heavy lifting goals!

My date is April 27th
    GET SUM

Me too, if you get a chance watch the video. Some crazy box squats and lockouts, weights are insane.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kris-gethin-12-week-daily-trainer-week-10-day-68.html
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    id love to join but i cant afford the gym ...
  • solarpower4
    solarpower4 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm new to MFP so will have to research all of this. With food allergies (gluten, dairy, soy) I'll have to make substitutions to the diet part, but seeing fast progress in strength and size would be great. Does BF = body fat?
  • southernyankee716
    Options
    My husband just started this program this week, though he's not on MFP. Bluefever had amazing results which is why I looked the program up for him. I have around 70lbs to lose so I don't expect to look like that but I imagine I would notice some difference. Honestly, my diet is too high in sodium and carbs and usually lower in calories. I'm working on balancing it out but it hasn't been easy. Anyway- the workout is killer. We've only done two days but both of us are really enjoying it.

The results from bluefever following the program>> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/476600-this-is-why-we-lift-weights-ladies

Good luck to you!
  • btdublin
    btdublin Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Yeah sounds about right on the calories minus the training expenditure. It is good high protein calories and minimal carbs. Exactly what I have been doing for a long time, but I am on only about 1500 cals per day NET after about 500 cals workouts per day.
  • eayal002
    Options
    My husband just started this program this week, though he's not on MFP. Bluefever had amazing results which is why I looked the program up for him. I have around 70lbs to lose so I don't expect to look like that but I imagine I would notice some difference. Honestly, my diet is too high in sodium and carbs and usually lower in calories. I'm working on balancing it out but it hasn't been easy. Anyway- the workout is killer. We've only done two days but both of us are really enjoying it.

The results from bluefever following the program>> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/476600-this-is-why-we-lift-weights-ladies

Good luck to you!

Thanks for the link, yes this program works for everyone. If your hubby sticks to it the sky is the limit, probably not shredded like Kris but you will notice a mayor difference. I watched every workout and they are really good. Some I will do heavier weight lower reps to keep increasing my max but overall I'm sticking to what he's doing.
  • eayal002
    Options
    I'm in. I'm new to MFP so will have to research all of this. With food allergies (gluten, dairy, soy) I'll have to make substitutions to the diet part, but seeing fast progress in strength and size would be great. Does BF = body fat?

Diet is easy,

lean meats and fish, carbs from whole wheat pasta, brown rice, veggies (fibrish veggies like broccoli), sweet potato, and supplements. He only does a few protein shakes a day because most of the protein is coming from meat and fish. Other supplements believe will not contain any of those. Protein shakes will have to find one that's non dairy.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I am not in... but am gonna enjoy watching the process :) ... waiting to watch you eat broccoli too :P

I am stalking you EA, HA
  • southernyankee716
    Options

Good luck to you!

Thanks for the link, yes this program works for everyone. If your hubby sticks to it the sky is the limit, probably not shredded like Kris but you will notice a mayor difference. I watched every workout and they are really good. Some I will do heavier weight lower reps to keep increasing my max but overall I'm sticking to what he's doing.

Without a doubt, I'm sure my husband will have great results. He was in great shape when we met- he's a big guy and he had great muscle definition. But when I got pregnant, apparently he did too. :laugh:

Be sure to take before/after pictures... Can't wait to see your results!
  • eayal002
    Options
    I am not in... but am gonna enjoy watching the process :) ... waiting to watch you eat broccoli too :P

I am stalking you EA, HA

Oh a stalker, NICE! but if you are don't remind me of the broccoli.

I'm also going to keep the progress hidden lol yellow t-shirt coming back
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options

Diet is easy,

lean meats and fish, carbs from whole wheat pasta, brown rice, veggies (fibrish veggies like broccoli), sweet potato, and supplements. He only does a few protein shakes a day because most of the protein is coming from meat and fish. Other supplements believe will not contain any of those. Protein shakes will have to find one that's non dairy.

You can get vegan protein shakes - sorry I'm only lurking but thought I'd mention it and make it easier for the poster with allergies. :smile:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I am starting my own cut soon and expect it to last 12-17 weeks, depending on how I feel/look at 12 weeks. But I am doing my own thing (slight caloric deficit 5 days /week 250 cal deficit, and eating maintenance twice/week) I expect to lose 0.3 to 0.4 lbs/week for a total of 4-6 lbs.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    id love to join but i cant afford the gym ...

Same here.. I've seen this program last week when someone else mentioned it, but cant afford the gym either. Good luck to those deciding to jump on board. Seems like a great program :)
  • bluefever
    bluefever Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    The program is great! I have two weeks left in it. I did those crazy box squats last night! My husband has lost over 30lbs on it and looks amazing. I will do the program over again in a month or so.