Late night snacking!?

Options
Hey I have a big issue with getting up at night and digging for food in the kitchen. I was wondering if any of you peeps have the same issue and how I should fix doing this. I found that I eat most of my "bad things" in the evening hours. Are there any good foods to eat to full fill my need to eat?

Replies

• Malvys24
    Malvys24 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You should check how many calories you are eating. You might not be eating enough and that's why your r hungry. I never thought this was true but once i got on a schedule of eating 3 meals a day and 2 snacks, i hardly ever had cravings or went hungry. Maybe you need more protein at dinner time? YOu might also go to bed really late? There's lots of factors but to answer your questions. No, i don't get hungry at night. I tend to eat dinner around 6 or 7pm at the latest.

Hope this helps, Malvina
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    What I do when I'm hungry at night and have no more calories left is have a cup of green tea- surprisingly, it curbs your appetite quite nicely. :)
  • Losetheweightnat
    Losetheweightnat Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey I have a big issue with getting up at night and digging for food in the kitchen. I was wondering if any of you peeps have the same issue and how I should fix doing this. I found that I eat most of my "bad things" in the evening hours. Are there any good foods to eat to full fill my need to eat?

I'm a bite of night owl myself Haha! I have a light snack like yogurt, a bowl of cereal, or some fruit and water.. tea is good too! or drink some water with crystal light. its low on calories and great on taste and will help curb them hunger pangs only 10cal.
  • dcrump
    dcrump Posts: 13
    Options
    I only started a week ago watching my calories and keeping my calories at 1200 or so. I have also made sure to work out 2-3 times daily.
    I am the worst at staying up late and always having to snack, what I have noticed since I put myself on a 3 meals and 2 snack a day schedule I don't crave snacks any longer. I am done eating by 7:00 pm and I drink about 2 bottles of water out of the expected 8, up until bedtime so the hunger pangs don't bother me any longer. Good luck, once you are on a good schedule you will be fine and you will be suprised. Good luck.
  • tkometz
    tkometz Posts: 1
    Options
    UUUGGGH! I have the exact same problem. I can go all day sticking to my healthy 3 small meals and two small snacks with little problem. Then come night fall, its dark, I'm watching tv, doing homework, laundry, etc.....and all I can think about is how I want to snack! This is my biggest dieting downfall! If you get any good answers that work for you i'd love to know.

Some things I try so far. Drink down a glass of ice cold water really fast to fill up, drink herbal tea, eat frozen blueberries that I freeze myself (they take awhile to melt so they take a long time to eat if you suck on only one at a time, and they are good for you!).

Like I said, if someome gives you good advice that works for you let me know!

-Tara (Tkometz)
  • Cherrystargirl
    Options
    Cup a soup does it for me. It's a fact that soup stays in your stomach for longer thus making you feel fuller for longer. I don't have a slimmer version but a normal one (usually cream of asparagus, yummy!) and build it into my calories for the day (138cals). Certainly works for me :wink:
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    What I do if I need a snack at night is go do another activity to keep my mind off of wanting to have one. Try reading or even designing something. Or log on here and read all the motivating posts!:happy:
  • nikki4ever
    nikki4ever Posts: 116
    Options
    green tea works wonders! it really has helped not to munch after dinner, which is at 7:30 (latest!). Also, by eating dinner this early , you will wake up feeling hungry so you will want to have breakfast. I love breakfast!!
  • pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    Options
    I find that if I'm not getting enough QUALITY calories during the day, I crave more at night.

Cindy
  • Pneko
    Pneko Posts: 9
    Options
    Well looking at it I wasn't getting the good carob or enough protein at dinner. I will try the green tea thing tho. It sounds like it could help.