Monthly Comfort Bingers?

Options
Needing motivational friends to *****/moan along with at that time of the month when hunger cannot be satisfied no matter what you do! anyone with tips, tricks, advice, what works (and what doesn't) and weird old wives tales about how to beat this monthly affliction. sick of stuffing your mush with crap every month without fail? let's join forces and beat it forever!!! :D

Replies

• nibbynoo
    nibbynoo Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    know the feeling! i just want to eat pasta with a mountain of cheese!

if its chocolate cravings its been scientificly prooven that smelling sweet things can cure cravings so i use a chocolate body wash! probably all in my head but it works!
  • cfrollins
    cfrollins Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have the problem of "needing" a weekly binge :( I guess the first step is admitting you have a problem...
  • emmamcc1981
    emmamcc1981 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    ahaha! that's an awesome idea - i may try that! i tried smelling vanilla esscence but it made me want to stuff my face with ice cream.

Fail.
  • nibbynoo
    nibbynoo Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    i've just totally failed and eaten a guylian bar thing. 211 cals of pure orgasmic joy.

when you haven't eaten chocolate for ages you mouth goes mental! i was practically dribbling!

anyway back on the straight and narrow, ice lollies are a big win for me to, gets a sweet craving out the way but is only 40 cals or something stupid. i get the cheap asda rocket lollies :)
  • Camiam
    Camiam Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ok, I thought I was the only one. I have the craziest monthly binges and cravings, and I always get asked if I'm pregnant, or at least get that "look" when I have a strange request. I love pickles, especially pickle juice. I have driven to work with a jar of pickles in my hand, drinking from it all the way. I know it's not healthy. Gotta be a ton of sodium that I'm consuming. I've also walked through Target with a bag of Tostitos under one my and a pack of Oreos in my hand. I didn't even start my car until 1/2 a sleeve and half the bag were gone. Last night, I was driving down the road and "needed" Hot Tamales. WTH?!
    I firmly believe we crave what our body is lacking. At least I'm not eating dirt or nail polish. Any insight?
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    pure liquorice.
    not the nicest taste but it kills my cravings for a while
  • nemsmom
    Options
    Raspberry leaf tea! I just started drinking it before my last cycle started. It killed the cravings. Usually EVERY month I have a craving for chocolate. I feel like I'm STARVING until I eat a bunch of chocolate, no matter how much I've eaten, I hate it. But if I drink 2-3 cups of raspberry leaf tea a day I don't have any cravings! You could stop when your cycle is over or continue drinking it, I continue. The only suggestion I've found on it is that if you are on medicines it could change their effectiveness, so you should leave two hours before or after taking medicines to drink the tea.