Heart Rate Monitor -which ones are good?

Options
I'm looking to purchase a HRM and I wanted to get some opinions from my fellow MFPs. I don't want to spend alot of money, but something that is better than average.

Thanks all! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• simplyychaos
    Options
    Also interested in this. I was just about to post a topic asking the same thing.
  • jelicaa
    jelicaa Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I love my Timex Ironman Triathalon HRM w/ chest strap!!! It's so nice to see calories burned when you've left all that sweat on the gym floor! and better yet...I only spent $20 on mine....craigslist!! I highly recommend craigslist as folks (like the gentleman I bought it from) was upgrading to an even better one (GPS built in).

good luck!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I have a couple depending on the use.

For running (outdoors) & biking I have a Garmin FR610 GPS/HRM - it keeps me honest logging times and distances and allows me to track my fitness / calories consumed etc.

For indoor use I have a Polar FT60 - I like its log function - that's been pretty reliable and is easy to maintain (you can change your own batteries)

I know people who have Suunto ones (I use a Suunto dive computer but thought their HRMs were a bit pricy) and Timex models (I never personally had any luck with Timex, they didn't last but that could just be me....)
  • clohessy
    clohessy Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I have the Garmin fr60 . I love it . It has lots of different things to track , calories, steps , distance, beside heart rate. It cost around $130.00 Google heart rate monitors and check out different kind to see what features you want. Some have computor downloads, which make tracking easy.
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Polar ft4 LOVE IT!! :-) got it for under 50
  • PDiddy0913
    Options
    My wife and I have a Polat FT4. We love it. Got it for about $65. Easy to use! Really encourages us to keep up with working out.
  • LouisAA1978
    Options
    i have a cheap walmart sportline with chest strap and works fine has a log caloriesburn, max and min heart rate timer it was about $40