pms and exercise

Options
fm1304
fm1304 Posts: 31 Member
hi guys!

i've been wondering.. how many of you go through this low on energy phase when pmsing.. low enough to make you not exercise. feels easier to go for a brisk walk.. but abs and the rest.. just don't have the energy..

any suggestions on what can be done? :frown: :sick:

Replies

• misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way, I've been so good with exercise, but this week is awful!
  • fm1304
    Options
    apparantly doing atleast some exercise helps with mood swings and all. and when i do my usual walk yes it does. but later i'm drained to the core.. and doing anything else is just out of question.. :yawn:

is it true that you burn more calories when pmsing :noway:
  • SLIMpossible
    Options
    PMS sucks. I've dealt with it most of my life, and it's been a constant battle to keep it from taking me down. Keep your workout routine up - power walking is excellent if that's all you feel like doing at that time. Main thing, don't give in to the carb cravings - if you are like me and it seems like you can't get enough to eat before your period starts, hit the pavement and get away from the kitchen. Once you start exercising your appetite will be supressed. Hang in there, stay tough, and keep your eye on the ball!
  • lisam829
    lisam829 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I hope so. I'm with you, just making dinner takes most of my energy. and I get horrible salt cravings, so I have to drink insane amounts of water.
  • fm1304
    Options
    power walking is excellent if that's all you feel like doing at that time. Main thing, don't give in to the carb cravings

carb cravings!!! :sad: i want!!! but yes youre right.. and i crave the oddest things out of nowhere heh!

worst part is the bloat.. and some days i feel like eating nothing the entire day even with the power walk.. others.. i cant have enough!!!

thank you so much though.. will stay on the track longer tomorrow on :drinker:
  • fm1304
    Options
    I hope so. I'm with you, just making dinner takes most of my energy. and I get horrible salt cravings, so I have to drink insane amounts of water.

its quite crazy actually.. because otherwise i have the biggest sweet tooth imaginable.. fruit addict and what not.. i no longer have issues with junk sweets though *phew however, when pmsing.. i'd wake up dying for an omlette with loads salt and pepper in it :huh:

oh well.. walk, walk, walk all the way it is then.. hehe.. though i think now i want to add some abs-ercises too.. cant seem to get that fabulous tum :cry:
  • fm1304
    Options
    sighs... just not hungry now.. that a good thing?? :happy:
  • kookla33
    kookla33 Posts: 234
    Options
    I read somewhere to take calcium and fish oil when you're getting close to your period. It worked for me.