Help - Not getting enough Calories

Options
Help. I am consistently eating less than 1200 calories a day. I eat 3 times a day plus I have snacks but I usually only average between 800 and 1100 calories a day. I am just not hungry and when I eat after about 2 or 3 bites I am done. I know this is not good. Any suggestions as to what I can do?

Replies

• azazelrabbit
    Options
    Try and eat more fruit. No matter how much you eat it won't make you gain any weight and you will feel so much healthier.
    And it probably won't fill you up too much.
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Help. I am consistently eating less than 1200 calories a day. I eat 3 times a day plus I have snacks but I usually only average between 800 and 1100 calories a day. I am just not hungry and when I eat after about 2 or 3 bites I am done. I know this is not good. Any suggestions as to what I can do?

what are you eating? Do you have any physical problem that would impact your appetite? Open your diary so we can view it and maybe somebody will be helpful. Eating more calories is usually fairly easy. Grab a fastfood burger and you've got 600 calories right there.....
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Try and eat more fruit. No matter how much you eat it won't make you gain any weight and you will feel so much healthier.

Actually if you over consume calories it will cause weight gain, even if it comes from fruit.

OP: I would suggest selecting more calorie dense foods. Red meat, nuts, nut butters, avocados, etc.
  • rjt1000
    Options

seriously, that's so wrong. If you eat 6000 calories of fruit a day and only burn off 2000 calories a day, you'll gain weight. There is no "eat as much as you want and still lose weight" world.
  • solodancer
    solodancer Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

what are you eating? Do you have any physical problem that would impact your appetite? Open your diary so we can view it and maybe somebody will be helpful. Eating more calories is usually fairly easy. Grab a fastfood burger and you've got 600 calories right there.....
    [/quote]

surely this defeats the whole losing weight objective???
  • ayummymommy01
    ayummymommy01 Posts: 135 Member
    Options

seriously, that's so wrong. If you eat 6000 calories of fruit a day and only burn off 2000 calories a day, you'll gain weight. There is no "eat as much as you want and still lose weight" world.

Except with Weight Watchers...fruit is unlimited....blows my mind.
    Moderation is key.
  • mdeneese
    Options
    How do I open up my dairy?
  • rjt1000
    Options
    How do I open up my dairy?
    under "Settings" at top of your browser window. There's an option for diary settings.