lost

Options
I started this fitness pal since january and i have so far lost 10lbs it does not feel like much and i really dont feel a change in anything but i am happy i am losing weight

Replies

• jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! It is really hard to lose weight. You should be proud of the weight you have lost! My fitness pal is a great tool for weight loss. Keep up the good work! :)
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 10! Sounds like you are on the right track. Are you thinking maybe you could use a little tweaking and some friendly support? Feel free to add me as a friend. And if you want friendly (but real) advice, all you have to do is ask. (It does help if you have your diary open for consturctive support though.)
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Considering that we are 9 weeks into the year, having lost 10 pounds is just perfect. You might not feel it now, but you'll start to the longer you go on and you'll start to see it as well. Keep pushing and you'll be amazed at what you can achieve. Remember what got you started and associate all the good things you dream about with the success you want to see.
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    but i am happy i am losing weight

thats the main part ... you are happy ... just stay with it and discipline your life style you will get the result .. eating healthy is not easy .. but its do able ... good luck ... if you feel lost you will get help here ... feel free to add if you like .. TC
  • mommyrana
    mommyrana Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    feeling the same way. been doing this since jan too. I have lost about 8 lbs but I guess I want the 'instant results' that aren't gonna happen..... but that's ok. keep with it! you got this! 10 lbs is great! pick up a 10 lb sack of potatoes and think about how you have LOST that! it is progress.... each lb (think... 1 lb of butter that's coming off your body with each lb!) that's pretty huge! i know personally my weight loss number isn't super high right now but my favorite pants are too big.... there is progress in each pound, each healthy meal! :) feel free to add me :) support helps!
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    keep it up .. it will happen ... always be positive about it ... you will be awesome ... good luck Mommyrana
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hey - Im in a little slump too - I lost about 10 - but have gained a bit back - but you're still working at it.. and just remember - it will come off. Give yourself credit. 10 pounds is great! - maybe start with a small goal of 5 pounds now and see where it goes from there..
    Keep it up - it's a marathon -
  • LauraLovesCamp
    Options
    Next time you're at the grocery store go to produce and grab a 10 pounds bag of potatoes. Tote it around for a while. THAT's what you've lost so far. I'm a visual person. There's no better motivation then losing weight.
  • MissAlexxMarie
    Options
    When you start loosing you will notice it more and more. 10 pounds is a challange so even though it might not seem like a lot to you...it is! You're doing great! Without motiviation and without starting on this journey, you would have never even lost what you have lost. So look on the bright side, you're making progress and you're doing great! Keep up the good work! It only gets better from here.
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    Because the change is gradual, you may not notice it right away. But here's a trick I came up with that helps me visualize the weight loss.

A pack of regular (20#) copier paper weighs 5 pounds. Two of them would be 10 pounds. Pick up two of them and carry them around for a few minutes. THAT is what you were carrying around with you 24/7.

As you lose each additional 5 pounds, add one more ream of paper to the stack. Right now I'm down a little over 5 reams of paper, or half a case.

This works for me because I work in an office and we have an abundance of copier paper around. If you don't, find something of comparable weight next time you're at the grocery store - say, a 10-lb. sack of potatoes.
  • Macklinh
    Options
    It might help to think of this as about 1 pound a week. That is the healthy timeline.

52 weeks in a year......Keep going. It is working, YOU are working.
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    Laura - great minds think alike! But apparently you type faster than I do. :wink:
  • nnapieralski
    nnapieralski Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I started working out in Sept and have only lost 12 lbs. However, I've lost a LOT of inches and went down two sizes. The number on the scale can be deceiving, so don't give it too much thought. Pay more attention to how you feel, how you look, and how your clothes fit.

When people look at my before/after pics, they think I've lost 20 or 30 lbs. No one believes me that it's only 12. =)
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Congrats, on your loss.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Ten may not feel like much but remember you are 10 pounds closer to your goal than you were before you started. The changes are gradual but get larger with the more you lose, Keep going you are doing great!

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]11867461.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • carlymouritsen
    Options
    I too started in January, and I have also lost 10 pounds on the dot. Though it may not seem like a huge number, I am ecstatic because I am so proud to say that I did it all on my own with a lot of hard work and motivation! Everyone loses weight at different paces, but the thing to remember is that you are making long-term changes in your health and your body every day you push a little harder. So be proud of where you have gotten yourself so far and keep on going!

Congrats on your weightloss :flowerforyou:
  • blondejillie
    blondejillie Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Best to have a healthy loss....more than a pound or two a week isn't so great on your body. And, you are more likely to maintain if you are picking up good knowledge and habits as you go along. You have lots of friends here that are willing to cheer you on if that's what you need. We can also kick your butt if you prefer.... :smooched:
  • dawnblu
    dawnblu Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I can't wait til I get to 10! I'm at 6 and I'm thrilled with it and can see a difference (although slight). I'll be over the moon when I hit 10... keep up the good work.
  • jaimebarth
    Options
    I am only at 5 since the end of January and even though the numbers aren't moving as quickly as I want them to I am focusing more on how I feel, how I look (those changes are quite visible if you pay close attention) and just knowing that I am on the right track. Don't get discouraged. Add me as a friend and I will gladly support you. Definitely make your food diary available to view and then you can receive advice on what you are eating and if that may need tweaking. But above all else, just stay on this path and nothing but good things can come of it!:happy:
  • sportyskylar
    Options
    Slow weightloss may be due to alot of factors:

- what you're eating (eating too many calories, eating too little, not getting the right nutrients, etc)
    - what exercises you're doing (if you're strength training and lifting weights you could be building muscle which weighs more than fat)
    - how much weight you need to lose. the less weight you need to lose, the slower the weight comes off.

solution?

adjust!! change up your plan. shock you body. confuse it. and start using a measuring tape instead of a scale :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!