Unconsolable (Sp?)

Options
I just thought I would let the rest of MFP family know that my dad passed away on Wed due to an ruptured anurism (sp) He had been battling TCell Lymphoma for a while and had a stem cell transplant. He had a rough couple of weeks afterwards with renal failure but then he started feeling soooo much better this last weekend. So good that he started eating real food. Then he went to sleep Tues night which in medical terms means he slipped into a coma and then about 8:30am he passed. I'm not doing so well I can't sleep and eating every under the sun.

Replies

• hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Everyone greives in their own way. Just be sure to take care of your self. May he Rest In Peace.
  • roander
    roander Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. You need time to get through your grief. I think it was nice that he was feeling so much better before he passed. You probably had some nice moments together that you can cherish.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Try to take care of yourself. You are going through a very difficult time, I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • lwoods34
    lwoods34 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I am really sorry to hear about your dad!
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear that. ((hugs))
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I am very sorry for your loss. It is so difficult to lose a parent. Take care of yourself and be extra patient with yourself. I am sending you hugs.
  • madameduffay
    madameduffay Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear this. Do whatever you need to in order to get through this difficult time. We're all here if you need support.
  • JLove2Zumba
    Options
    Honey I cannot imagine what your going through! There is no explaination as why these things happen! All I know is we serve God that brings good out of every situation and no matter how hard this is, he is with you! And Good things will happen.. Food is not your comfort and I am sure you dad would not want you to destroy your health! I am sure if he could speak to you he would tell you that He wants you to take good care of yourself so that you are around as long as you can be for those babies! Hurting yourself because you are hurting is not the answer! You have so many of us on here praying for you! You will get through this! You will go over and not Under! There is a light at the end of this dark tunnel! Hugs to you! Trust Jesus, Let him be your strength in your weakest moment! Remember footprints in the sand.. Jesus is walking with you so there are always 2 sets of foot prints, But all of a sudden you only see One set of footprints and that is when you are too weak to walk on your own and he picks you up and carries you! He will carry you though this! Just hang on! Let those babies fill you with love! Find comfort in them!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I'll be blunt, because losing anyone close sucks high water...

You have 2 paths of mindset to take...the one your on, or the more positive...he is no longer in a battle. Keep close the memories, always talk about him with pride. Step through life as he would want you to...its what I do.
  • traceyjayne64
    Options
    :brokenheart:
  • amfeierabend74
    Options
    I lost my father this time last year, and it is still fresh in my mind. We tent to think that our parents can live forever. I know I will see my father again and so will you.
    Take care of yourself. Talk to someone if you need to. I am here if you need a friendly ear to talk to.
  • committomittxoxo
    committomittxoxo Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'll be blunt, because losing anyone close sucks high water...

You have 2 paths of mindset to take...the one your on, or the more positive...he is no longer in a battle. Keep close the memories, always talk about him with pride. Step through life as he would want you to...its what I do.

I'm so sorry you're hurting friend... :( Then this.. ^^^
  • sandypiper22
    sandypiper22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear of your sad loss.
  • purplerain011
    Options
    ((((((((((((((((Cyber Hug))))))))))))
  • EmmaRankmore
    Options
    Sending you much love. Do what you need to do and don't beat yourself up about it. I am so sorry for your loss, and if you need a friendly ear I am here.
  • CookieCrumble
    CookieCrumble Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear of your Dad's passing; it's obviously having a tremendous impact on you and I don't suppose there are any short-cuts to the grieving process. It's just going to take time - to absorb, to accept, to grieve and to adjust.

Your eating is maybe not the highest priority in the very early days but it's obviously on your mind as you've posted on MFP. That takes some strength of purpose in my book. I don't think anybody would say anything to you about 'falling off the wagon' right now, but I'd say that whilst your eating is in your mind, if you can make some healthy choices in addition to the comforting ones, the results maybe won't be as bad and at least your body will be getting what it needs to keep you going.

I'm sure your Dad was so very proud of you and what you've achieved all through your life; he'd want you to 'get back on the horse' as soon as ever you're ready and carry on doing what's good for you. I'll say a prayer for him.

As a final thought, weight is so very easy to gain and much, much harder to lose - we all know that. It would be a crying shame if you had to re-lose a significant weight gain just when you're coming out into the light again. You have friends here and much support. Thinking of you and your family right now and rooting for you. xx
  • DogsK
    DogsK Posts: 94
    Options
    I am very sorry to hear about your loss. Take the time to grieve. It is natural, then get back on the horse when the time is right.
  • weightloss12345678
    weightloss12345678 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hope you feel better and get through these hard times, try to stay focus and know that he would want the best for you
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your Dad.
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Try and find other solutions to easing your pain. (I gained alot after my brothers death) Sometimes walking helps and especially having the opportunity to talk about the person you have lost. I hope you have someone near you to talk through all this.

Kind regards
    JR